Help! I change my setup/room around but I only have 1 PowerPoint.

Hi All,

Important Note: Everything listed is plugged into a powerboard that has a surge protector. What's plugged into the 8 socket powerboard: Computer, 3 monitors and a Standing/Sitting Desk.

I want to flip my room around but I will have to use an extension cable to connect from the walls PowerPoint to the powerboard. Main Question: Is this safe to run a extension cable to a powerboard with all these things connected? I just don't want to break anything. 

Thanks in advance. 

9 minutes ago, Curtie said:

Main Question: Is this safe to run a extension cable to a powerboard with all these things connected?

What voltage do you have? 220V or 110V?
Get a good quality, thick gauge extension cord either way, but especially if you only have 110V. It should be fine with that though, unless the wiring in your walls is truly atrocious.

That said, I'm not an electrician and can't provide "real" advice in that regard, that's just what I heard on the internet.

Edited by Bismut
Disclaimer

Trans Rights!
Please tag me or use the "reply" function so I get a notification

I will find your Laptop thread and I will recommend an ITX build instead

Sure would be neat if there was something useful here, eh?

it will be fine as I do that myself. One item you need to take into account is that not all extension cables are equal buy quality not bargain dollar shop crap. also if you need 5 meters do not use a 10 meter extension and if you need 10 meters never connect 2 x 5 meters together.