Ideas on an active cooling backplate for CPU?

Hiya, Im running a 13700k with an NH-D15 and well, i happened to notice that my backplate was so hot the other day it was painful to touch. has anyone thought of making some kind of low profile heatsink/fan combo for this to maximize cooling? 🙂

if not, you're welcome 😛

I'm gonna try to see if i can't find an old computer to get the heatsink and fan out of(like, pentium 2 era style, the block of metal with a fan on top type) maybe the one for an old northbridge.

20 hours ago, MindParadox said:

Hiya, Im running a 13700k with an NH-D15 and well, i happened to notice that my backplate was so hot the other day it was painful to touch. has anyone thought of making some kind of low profile heatsink/fan combo for this to maximize cooling? 🙂

if not, you're welcome 😛

I'm gonna try to see if i can't find an old computer to get the heatsink and fan out of(like, pentium 2 era style, the block of metal with a fan on top type) maybe the one for an old northbridge.

there use to be old case that did have a fan on the back side of the case. i think i even seen 2x 120mm fans🤔 but you can diy anything i guess. probly just buy a heatsink and cut and mod it to fit. some hardcore ocers do add a fan and blow air at the cpu socket even thow there wc kinda how artic aio works. my dad once made a vrm heatsink for like a gtx 580 i think but toock so long i just got something els... and i dont think it worked... but hey he tried.

if there ever was a thing then its rare. i no back in the day back plates were the rage... but with pcie extension cables you dont need to mount the mb in its normal spot getting more clearance.

if anyone that did it probly would have been thermlright as they did alot of crazzy heatsinks...

LGA 2011 CPU socket backplate cooling modification | Nemo's Realms

https://stanislavs.org/lga-2011-cpu-socket-backplate-cooling-modification/

https://www.hwcooling.net/en/plastic-vs-metal-backplate-alphacool-under-lga-1700-en/

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links