PC will not display after post, odd windows issue.

Delta-c-tech
Go to solution Solved by SpookyCitrus,
1 minute ago, Delta-c-tech said:

Unfortunately that didn't work. I also tried DDU as @SpookyCitrus said, but to no avail. As for checking for any loose connections, I've checked, reseated parts and pins multiple times over. It's not a high power system by any standard and should be working fine with my psu.

Really the only other thing it could be is a defective GPU. The software steps were taken first because these AMD cards are known for their driver issues. All you can really do is test another GPU in the system and if that works replace or RMA the 5600XT.

So when I turn my PC on it posts, loads windows, and then my monitor gets no HDMI signal. I know windows is responsive because it does make noise when prompted. If I boot into safe mode it works fine. After uninstalling the drivers to my 5600 XT in safe mode it can boot normally. Then all of a sudden windows makes the "device disconnected" sound after a minute or two and again, no HDMI signal. After booting into safe mode afterwards, I see that the gpu in the device manager is again labelled (Rx 5600 XT) as if the driver reinstalled itself. I can guarantee that is not a hardware issue as I've tried everything, and seems to be within reasonable temps. (Ctrl+Win+Shift+B) seems to do nothing.

Disable automatic driver installation ("Change device installation settings" in start menu).

Then uninstall and remove current driver (Note the driver version that is installed and causing the problem.

Try to install an older version of the driver from AMD (look for previous drivers on the driver download page).

image.thumb.png.fe13834c8d146580114900eecffb62ab.png

As @RiffTheRaffpointed out that is a solid option. I would also use DDU to uninstall the current graphics driver and all related files. After that is done make sure you are using AMD Adrenalin to get the new drivers and not the Windows Updater as the Windows Updater usually get's outdated or even completely wrong drivers. 

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

Considering it's doing the "hardware device disconnected" sound it's unlikely, but not impossible, to be the video driver. A video driver issue would just disable the device instead of "disconnecting" it. Check your GPU power cable, 20/24 pin power cable, and that your PSU is properly spec'd for your build. 

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

@RiffTheRaff Unfortunately that didn't work. I also tried DDU as @SpookyCitrus said, but to no avail. As for checking for any loose connections, I've checked, reseated parts and pins multiple times over. It's not a high power system by any standard and should be working fine with my psu.

Edited by Delta-c-tech

1 minute ago, Delta-c-tech said:

Unfortunately that didn't work. I also tried DDU as @SpookyCitrus said, but to no avail. As for checking for any loose connections, I've checked, reseated parts and pins multiple times over. It's not a high power system by any standard and should be working fine with my psu.

Really the only other thing it could be is a defective GPU. The software steps were taken first because these AMD cards are known for their driver issues. All you can really do is test another GPU in the system and if that works replace or RMA the 5600XT.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

1 hour ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Yea, I'll try to reinstall windows to see if that's an issue. But if it's defective, so be it. I needed to upgrade most of the system anyways.