would welcome any comments on 'finalized' build sheet. particularly, PSU, SSD and DDR5 memory

Given the recent change in availability / pricing of 4090 (and the opposite with the 7900XTX) along with the delay in getting an 4090 i ordered @ MSRP (delivery est. early March) I updated a previous build and just had a few final questions

GPU: MSI 4090 Suprim X

CPU AMD 7800X3d (unless its crazily priced or reviews poor in which case 7700x)

mobo: Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX

cooler: Noctua NH-D15

Memory: 32GB DDR5 (any suggestions?)

storage: 2TB would welcome any suggestions

case: Fractal Torrent ATX mid-tower

power: Seasonic vertex Gold 1000W (wait for platinum vertex?  1000W enough?  don't bother with ATX3.0?)

monitor: have 32" 4k 60hz and 65" tv allegedly can go 4k 120hz

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: i assume more RPG-type; maybe single player FPS.  not competitive multiplayer.  My 1 year old laptop is heavily bottlenecked when working in lightroom, but i assume running LR will easily handled with this build.

Other details Getting a gaming monitor in the future is not out of the question, but if i'm not doing competitive multiplayer, not sure its worth the space and $ investment just for refresh (realize this might make the GPU overkill, but i'm not particularly budget constrained).  would want to play at 4k with the other bells and whistles though.  I have a NAS so storage handled elsewhere.  For music, i have an external DAC so mobo audio not hugely important (might headphone in for gaming though).

appreciate any thoughts.  thanks!

1 minute ago, shortcircuit11 said:

CPU AMD 7600X3d (unless its crazily priced or reviews poor in which case 7700x)

AFAIK there isn't gonna be a 6 core X3D chip, so you'll have to go 7700 or 7700X. Unless that's just a typo and you meant the 7800X3D, in which case yeah wait for reviews. 

2 minutes ago, shortcircuit11 said:

cooler: Noctua NH-D15

The Deep Cool AK620 seems to be a bit better of a cooler for about half the price of the NH-D15, so you're better off going for that if you want an air cooler. 

3 minutes ago, shortcircuit11 said:

Memory: 32GB DDR5 (any suggestions?)

2x16GB 5600 Cl36 EXPO kit is what I'd end up getting personally. AM5 just doesn't really seem to care that much about memory performance, and those kits generally are very cheap but still have good memory performance (plus they can be overclocked to 6000 CL36 with relative ease if you want to go for the AM5 sweet spot of performance). 

5 minutes ago, shortcircuit11 said:

storage: 2TB would welcome any suggestions

My general recommendation has been the Crucial P3 for a while now, it's got good performance and is pretty cheap. Only downside is it's QLC so the endurance isn't amazing, but for desktop use you should still get quite a while out of it. 

Right now if you can get to a micro center you can get a really good deal. They give you a free set of G Skill Flare X DDR5 6000 memory worth 140$ and 20$ off a motherboard with a purchase of ryzen 7 7700X or other X cpu's like the 7600X or 7900X or 7950X.

thanks all!  apologies, i mean't the 7800x3d.  and i saw the micro center offer.  wasn't sure if they'd extend it to the x3d chips but if they do will go that route for the memory.

3 hours ago, shortcircuit11 said:

power: Seasonic vertex Gold 1000W (wait for platinum vertex?  1000W enough?  don't bother with ATX3.0?)

The gold is fine.

For the 4090:

• 1000w is plenty, 850 is fine for the reference, but with a bigger AiB one I'd go 1000w.
  • ATX 3.0 if it's not too expensive.

For the 7900XTX

• Same logic follows the wattage, an 850 is fine but some AiB cards are power hogs.  You would not want one of the reference cards anyway though, some of the heatpipes are like leaking or something.  The AiB cards do not have this issue, it's just a problem with the reference cooler (which is used on some partner branded cards, but you can see it right away).  The XTX does use less power in general than the 4090.
  • ATX 3.0 is not as big of a deal with this one.

I edit the shit out of my posts.  Refresh before you respond.