Is this legit? 1080 TI for $220

CreedTT

I bought this GPU off ebay.....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/374454421372

and it does look to good to be true, but I caved in as eBay says he is a trusted seller with over 20,000 positive reviews 

and if it is legit , why are they so cheap now???

Edited by CreedTT
link

$200-300 is what I see them going for around me, depending on the specific model and everything, so $220 seems in line for a lower end 1080 Ti like a SuperClock or a Founders Edition. 

5 minutes ago, CreedTT said:

They perform nearly identical to the RX 6650 XT in games, a card that goes for $260 brand new. I'd argue $220 for one of these cards is actually a bit expensive for what it is, since you're getting a 5 year old GPU without warranty support for only $40 less than a brand new one with warranty, half the power draw, and more features. 

7 minutes ago, CreedTT said:

Because it's a 5, going on 6 year old card with performance that is matched or exceeded by many newer cards available in the $200-300 range, and doesn't have support for some newer features.

This one is also a blower model from a non-"prestige" brand so it's less desirable. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

3 generations old, no raytracing, used GPU's are plentiful, not much crypto demand.

1080tis got down to the $400 range in 2020 right before the second crypto boom blew 3000 series prices into the stratosphere. When that mania was at its height,  I was amazed to see them get all the way back to their MSRP ($700 and up) after 4 years and 2 generations.  I was tempted to sell my two 1080ti's into that market, it would mean I'd gotten 4 years of service out of them for "free".

I still have them though.  One's the display I'm typing on now and the others' in my VR build.  With luck you got a good deal on a good card.

7 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

They perform nearly identical to the RX 6650 XT in games, a card that goes for $260 brand new. I'd argue $220 for one of these cards is actually a bit expensive for what it is, since you're getting a 5 year old GPU without warranty support for only $40 less than a brand new one with warranty, half the power draw, and more features. 

Here in the UK 6650 XT is at around £400 - £500 

whereas I bought this 1080TI for £250 including shipping 

But yeah I understand where you are coming from, if it breaks down I'd have to purchase another card or repair it and I also don't get features such as Ray Tracing.

My current card is a 1660 so compared to this, it is a big upgrade for me, I just want to be able to play games at 1080/1440p at maxed graphics 

8 minutes ago, jimm_eh said:

I still have them though.  One's the display I'm typing on now and the others' in my VR build.  With luck you got a good deal on a good card.

I hope so!

I watched some videos and the 1080 TI still holds up very well especially at 1080/1440 

I'm not planning on 4K gaming any time soon but even then it manages to maintain 30+ fps 

5 minutes ago, CreedTT said:

Here in the UK 6650 XT is at around £400 - £500 

whereas I bought this 1080TI for £250 including shipping 

But yeah I understand where you are coming from, if it breaks down I'd have to purchase another card or repair it and I also don't get features such as Ray Tracing.

My current card is a 1660 so compared to this, it is a big upgrade for me, I just want to be able to play games at 1080/1440p at maxed graphics 

Think you're just not looking hard enough, you can get one for £300

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/NjM48d/asrock-radeon-rx-6650-xt-8-gb-challenger-d-oc-video-card-rx6650xt-cld-8go

To be fair, a 1080 Ti will still give you a good gaming experience, I'm just saying that you didn't really get as good a deal as you thought you did, the price you paid for it really isn't that much of a concern.