Any safe sites to get hp drivers besides hp site?

bmx6454

hello, i'm trying to get this old hp cq57-339wm working after putting a drive in and installing windows 10. it has run win10 before, and never had an issue with getting drivers. now i cannot get drivers for it from hp anymore, and am a bit of a loss since they aren't automatically installing. i see a bunch of sites claiming to have drivers, like "drivers.eu", ect, but they all seem very sketchy.

are there any legit sites that may have what i need? or is this half working laptop SOL? thanks in advance.

5 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:

hello, i'm trying to get this old hp cq57-339wm working after putting a drive in and installing windows 10. it has run win10 before, and never had an issue with getting drivers. now i cannot get drivers for it from hp anymore, and am a bit of a loss since they aren't automatically installing. i see a bunch of sites claiming to have drivers, like "drivers.eu", ect, but they all seem very sketchy.

are there any legit sites that may have what i need? or is this half working laptop SOL? thanks in advance.

Most 3rd party driver sites are plastered with "guarantees" of updating your drivers "if you just pay them $29.95 one time" after which they may or may not charge you an additional $399.95, so I wouldn't trust them.

Additionally, that laptop is over 10 years old and HP's official website only lists Windows 7 for software & driver downloads. If the Windows 7 drivers don't work on Windows 10, it's time to upgrade the laptop.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-g62-300-notebook-pc-series/4247529/model/4308552

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03210811

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/59570/intel-celeron-processor-b800-2m-cache-1-50-ghz.html
image.thumb.png.2a365a968a6ea4af34622261b10a0afc.png

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

1 minute ago, kirashi said:

Additionally, that laptop is over 10 years old and HP's official website only lists Windows 7 for software & driver downloads because that laptop is quite old, so if those don't work on Windows 10, it's time to upgrade the laptop.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-g62-300-notebook-pc-series/4247529/model/4308552

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03210811

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/59570/intel-celeron-processor-b800-2m-cache-1-50-ghz.html

thanks for the input. it has a slightly faster cpu put into it, but old and slow for sure lol. i have other laptops, but this one is for a specific purpose for someone else that it can do just fine. that top link actually has drivers, but it is for a slightly different model, you think they might work? i guess worth a shot either way? thanks.

1 minute ago, bmx6454 said:

thanks for the input. it has a slightly faster cpu put into it, but old and slow for sure lol. i have other laptops, but this one is for a specific purpose for someone else that it can do just fine. that top link actually has drivers, but it is for a slightly different model, you think they might work? i guess worth a shot either way? thanks.

Wowie, I just noticed. Either HP released that laptop model as multiple model numbers, or their site is incompetently broken. You can try the drivers since that's the laptop that comes up when entering the model number in your original post, but they may not work.
image.png.67e931d01822d5af766558ad27b23862.png

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

Chances are Windows 10 will auto-load better drivers than you'd find stored on HP's website anyways. Just install 10 and see what it does. I will bet good money you won't be missing anything.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

16 minutes ago, ApolloX75 said:

Chances are Windows 10 will auto-load better drivers than you'd find stored on HP's website anyways. Just install 10 and see what it does. I will bet good money you won't be missing anything.

unfortunately no, i installed win 10, installed all updates, but still tons of issues with drivers that aren't installed. trying to figure a work around, but might just not be able to make it work.

wouldn't be the biggest loss, it is an old crappy laptop after all, but would have been nice to make this one that is just lying around work for this purpose, instead of finding another.

5 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:

unfortunately no, i installed win 10, installed all updates, but still tons of issues with drivers that aren't installed. trying to figure a work around, but might just not be able to make it work.

wouldn't be the biggest loss, it is an old crappy laptop after all, but would have been nice to make this one that is just lying around work for this purpose, instead of finding another.

I'm 100% surprised, not gonna lie.

Is it telling you what devices are showing issues? Or does it just have a bunch of Unknowns with errors?

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

1 hour ago, ApolloX75 said:

I'm 100% surprised, not gonna lie.

Is it telling you what devices are showing issues? Or does it just have a bunch of Unknowns with errors?

some are unknown, others are mainly pci devices. the main ones that are the issue are the display drivers, and sound drivers. if i can get those installed correctly that should be good enough for now.

i was surprised as well, last time i used this(like 5 years ago though) it was with windows 10 and all the drivers installed on their own. my guess is hp's site is where windows update finds them, but hp purged all of them.

9 hours ago, bmx6454 said:

some are unknown, others are mainly pci devices. the main ones that are the issue are the display drivers, and sound drivers. if i can get those installed correctly that should be good enough for now.

i was surprised as well, last time i used this(like 5 years ago though) it was with windows 10 and all the drivers installed on their own. my guess is hp's site is where windows update finds them, but hp purged all of them.

You can get both sound and display drivers directly from chip makers. For iGPU, Intel or AMD. For sound, most likely its Realtek.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv