I need help

Hailey

I recently built my own pc, years in the making, but whenever i play intense games my screen goes funny and my pc restarts itself but it doesn't, on my case i have a light that shows when everything is working but when this happens the light goes off. The only way to fix this is to reseat the cpu. spec: i7 12700k, ichill x4 3080, samsung 960 evo 250gb ssd, seagate 1tb ssd, 850w power supply, 16gb vengeance ram

i have ordered more thermal paste to see if that is the issue, i will try to keep this up to date.

Thanks in advance

Welcome to the forums.

Please describe your problem more clearly. What does "screen goes funny" mean? What does "restarts itself but it doesn't" mean? What exactly happens?

Is the light you mention a hard drive activity light on your case, or something else?

You don't mention what type of cooler you are using for the CPU. What is it?

Do you really mean that every time this happens you remove whatever cooler you have, take the CPU out of the motherboard socket, put it back in, and then reinstall the cooler? 

Finally, in the future please make your thread titles more descriptive of the problem. Every week there's at least a dozen threads on these forums with titles that are just something like "help pls." If the title summarizes the nature of the problem, there is a better chance someone with relevant knowledge will notice it. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

-= Topic moved to Troubleshooting =-

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER