DDR3 Ram For An Old 2013 Desktop

hello all ive recently purchased a hp elite 8300 desktop (with an i5-3570) and was wondering what the best cheap ram would be for this old desktop I plan to upgrade it to the maximum 32gbs of ram if anyone knows of any good cheap high performance ram it would be much appreciated

My PC:HP 8300 Elite :CPU: Intel Core i5-3750 RAM‎: 8 GB DDR3 SSD:Inland 256GB SSD With Windows 10 Pro X64 Hard Drive‎: WD 500 GB HDD With Windows 11 Pro X64 Graphics: ‎Intel HD Graphics 2500 Chipset: Intel

I would use this as a starting point:

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/memory/#b=ddr3&Z=32768002,32768004&sort=price&page=1

Pick a 32 GB kit with 1333 or 1600 MHz and the lowest latency that's in your budget. From what I can find, this machine does not support XMP. Though I'm not certain getting 32 GB is worth it for such an old platform.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

thanks @Eigenvektor for the website I'll look into this and see what I can find (and also look into xmp)

My PC:HP 8300 Elite :CPU: Intel Core i5-3750 RAM‎: 8 GB DDR3 SSD:Inland 256GB SSD With Windows 10 Pro X64 Hard Drive‎: WD 500 GB HDD With Windows 11 Pro X64 Graphics: ‎Intel HD Graphics 2500 Chipset: Intel

1 hour ago, Calameres said:

thanks @Eigenvektor for the website I'll look into this and see what I can find (and also look into xmp)

RAM sticks have XMP profiles that the machine can use to essentially auto-overclock them (e.g. any DDR4 RAM >= 3200 MHz generally needs this enabled). As I said above, the machine does not support it. You would need XMP for DDR3 RAM > 1600 MHz. So that's not worth it for this machine.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply