XMP No longer working

Ethanperk37

Hello, so I recently got a new motherboard/cpu and got everything working. However, I was experiencing files corrupting, games crashing, and my pc crashing. I ran memtest86 and found that I had a bad stick of ram. I was running 32 gb of 3200mhz corsair vengeance. I bought 2x8gb kits and put them together. The most recent kit I bought was the one that had a bad one in it. So, I took that kit out. However, the part that is starting to trigger me is that my computer will no longer boot in an xmp profile. Before all of this it was working fine. Even after I originally took the new kit out I had the old kit in there working in xmp. Right now I also only have the old kit in. I have memtested it and have reset my bios. I have updated my bios. Still it does not work. What happens is is that when I try to boot into xmp screen goes black my cpu light on motherboard goes red then moves to dram which is orange and it goes back and forth between this a couple of times before posting in safe mode. If anyone could help me please do. I am about to rip my hair out of my head cause I seem to have xmp problems on literally all my computers.

Windows 11 Home 64 bit

I9 - 12900kf

EVGA FTW3 Ultra 12gb RTX 3080

Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz ram 32gb

EVGA Supernova 850 watt psu

Asus Strix B660 motherboard

6 minutes ago, Ethanperk37 said:

Hello, so I recently got a new motherboard/cpu and got everything working. However, I was experiencing files corrupting, games crashing, and my pc crashing. I ran memtest86 and found that I had a bad stick of ram. I was running 32 gb of 3200mhz corsair vengeance. I bought 2x8gb kits and put them together. The most recent kit I bought was the one that had a bad one in it. So, I took that kit out. However, the part that is starting to trigger me is that my computer will no longer boot in an xmp profile. Before all of this it was working fine. Even after I originally took the new kit out I had the old kit in there working in xmp. Right now I also only have the old kit in. I have memtested it and have reset my bios. I have updated my bios. Still it does not work. What happens is is that when I try to boot into xmp screen goes black my cpu light on motherboard goes red then moves to dram which is orange and it goes back and forth between this a couple of times before posting in safe mode. If anyone could help me please do. I am about to rip my hair out of my head cause I seem to have xmp problems on literally all my computers.

Windows 11 Home 64 bit

I9 - 12900kf

EVGA FTW3 Ultra 12gb RTX 3080

Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz ram 32gb

EVGA Supernova 850 watt psu

Asus Strix B660 motherboard

You cant use xmp with 4 sticks. it will not work run at a lower profile than advertised or sell all of your current sticks and get a 16X2 32Gb kit 

12 minutes ago, Gokul_P said:

You cant use xmp with 4 sticks. it will not work run at a lower profile than advertised or sell all of your current sticks and get a 16X2 32Gb kit 

Well I had it going with four sticks, but the problem is is that I am currently just trying to run two not four.

2 hours ago, Ethanperk37 said:

Well I had it going with four sticks, but the problem is is that I am currently just trying to run two not four.

reset bios. and try again. it will need to retrain ram usually. 

if it has 2 xmp profiles, try the other one too.