Corsair LL fan LEDs stop working or go weirdly glitchy after abrupt power cuts

rlaphoenix

Consistently the next power on after a power cut the LEDs either dont turn on, some turn on, usually wrong color, or such and so forth.

Strangely this does not get resolved until I shutdown, take out the power plug, put it back in, and THEN turn on.
If I just power down, power back up, even if I wait a bit the LEDs do not kick back in.

I get power cuts somewhat regularly and I should probably have a UPS, however, it's not an option currently.

Has anyone experienced this and/or found a solution or have any ideas on something to try to prevent this?

I'm using Corsair LL140/120 and the Corsair Lightning Node Pro.

ok then you have:
X number of fans (do not tell us 😛 ) 
Node pro
RGB hub
No RGB strips connected to any of this? 

Connecting the Sata power connects to another lead from the PSU is a valid test, does the node pro disappear from windows? 

15 hours ago, NorKris said:

ok then you have:
X number of fans (do not tell us 😛 ) 
Node pro
RGB hub
No RGB strips connected to any of this? 

Connecting the Sata power connects to another lead from the PSU is a valid test, does the node pro disappear from windows? 

Ok I mistakenly assumed the picture you showed was the Lightning Node PRO, not a RGB hub. I don't actually know if I have one of those. I probably do, but I'm not confident. Will be opening the back soon to take a look.

I have 3x fans connected to Channel 1 of the Lightning Node PRO. They are the LL120 I believe.

Channel 1 is possibly being hooked up to an RGB hub, but I'm not confident on that, though it is likely.

There are no RGB strips or such connected.

I should give another SATA a try. It is possible the SATA maybe got a bit defective after one of the power cuts. I will definitely give that a try soon. Good idea.