How do i reset a manual clock

awhile back I was using Ryzen master and i accidently changed my memory clock and my pc wouldn't boot so i restarted using cmos and it worked fine but i couldnt have xmp or any other tweaks, i can't go into bios without it going back to black screening I'm on Custom os so i can't use Ryzen master anymore but still want to use xmp and other tweaks could anyone help?

i think most of the time there is reset button on your pc next to power button, it will reset ur bios settings to factory settings try that.

1 hour ago, finlaru said:

i think most of the time there is reset button on your pc next to power button, it will reset ur bios settings to factory settings try that.

That is not what that button does. It's a power reset for if your pc hangs or freezes. Let not mislead people obvious incorrect answers.

2 hours ago, TezlaXaim said:

awhile back I was using Ryzen master and i accidently changed my memory clock and my pc wouldn't boot so i restarted using cmos and it worked fine but i couldnt have xmp or any other tweaks, i can't go into bios without it going back to black screening I'm on Custom os so i can't use Ryzen master anymore but still want to use xmp and other tweaks could anyone help?

You may need to look up your motherboards manual but there should be a cmos clear or bios rest jumper you will need to use to reset your bios to factory settings. Sometimes pulling the battery for 10secs will do the trick.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

1 hour ago, finlaru said:

As stated above, this button does not reset settings in the BIOS. It is used as a hard reboot, causing the computer to stop in its tracks, clear its memory, and reboot.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

20 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

Sometimes pulling the battery for 10secs will do the trick.

I believe power will need to be disconnected(and the system discharged) for this to work. The battery is only there for supplemental power when the computer is disconnected from the wall.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

okay maybe i was wrong, but mine reset button reset my bios settings i've tested it so i guess it depends🤷🏽‍♂️ 

2 hours ago, Godlygamer23 said:

I believe power will need to be disconnected(and the system discharged) for this to work. The battery is only there for supplemental power when the computer is disconnected from the wall.

Yeah, should of mentioned that. 👍

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER