Best program to record gameplay on PC?

Go to solution Solved by OddOod,

OBS is the gold standard and works wonderfully out of the box. Highly configurable and while it has a tall learning curve, it only takes about an evening to get everything set up perfectly. Lots of great integrations too

Streamlabs is kinda gorbagio in my opinion.

So I want to start recording gameplay and uploading to youtube. I have no clue which software to use for it. I also want to record audio so any suggestions are apreciated.

Pc specs: 

I3 10100f,

Rx6700xt,

16gb ddr4.

I am considering upgrading to and i5 10400 but I am not sure if it is worth it honestly.

OBS is the de facto standard for screen recording. It has a lot of features including multiple sources, 'scenes', individual audio control, filters, and plugins.

Basically every online production that is recording screens is using OBS, 95 percent of streamers use it (or its derivatives, like streamlabs)

EDIT: obs supports both streaming and recording (and you can do them simultaneously) as well as different bitrates for recording and streaming.

If your question is answered, mark it so.  | It's probably just coil whine, and it is probably just fine |   LTT Movie Club!

Read the docs. If they don't exist, write them. | Professional Thread Derailer

Desktop: i7-8700K, RTX 2080, 16G 3200Mhz, EndeavourOS(host), win10 (VFIO), Fedora(VFIO)

Server: ryzen 9 5900x, GTX 970, 64G 3200Mhz, Unraid.

OBS is the gold standard and works wonderfully out of the box. Highly configurable and while it has a tall learning curve, it only takes about an evening to get everything set up perfectly. Lots of great integrations too

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

On 1/27/2023 at 10:33 PM, OddOod said:

I will go with obs then, thank you for the suggestion!