Reformat stuck on black/blank screen

Go to solution Solved by emosun,
Just now, Velinard said:

I chose the install from cloud option. It was an option from the reset this pc section. I don't have a physical copy of windows and no optical drive. And no USB large enough to hold a copy 

well it would appear that option isn't working so i'd recommend installing it normally and spending the 5$ on a usb stick or just borrowing one from somebody. but again nobody here recommended using cd media.

Hello, I need some reformatting help please. 

Standard google search didn't provide solution. 

1. Started a reformat about 120mins ago

2. Full delete and install win10 from cloud

3. Windows Downloaded what it needed and started the process

4. Now stuck on black/blank screen. Rgb is on, fans are spinning, lights on mobo are on. 

5. Tried win+ctrl+shift+b so reset monitor. No luck.

Do I continue to wait? If so how long? 

Or do I hard reset at this point and hope for the best?

Specs 

Mobo: MSI MPG 2490

CPU: i7-11700k

Ram: 32 Gb @3600mhz

Graphics: GeForce3070

Hard drives: 1x nvme, 3x ssd, 1x hdd

PSU: corsair RM750 80+ gold

11 minutes ago, Velinard said:

Full delete and install win10 from cloud

how are you installing windows 10 from a cloud service , just install it normally

2 minutes ago, emosun said:

how are you installing windows 10 from a cloud service , just install it normally

CD? 

😆

Ryzen 5800X3D(Because who doesn't like a phat stack of cache?) GPU - 7700Xt

X470 Strix f gaming, 32GB Corsair vengeance, WD Blue 500GB NVME-WD Blue2TB HDD, 700watts EVGA Br

~Extra L3 cache is exciting, every time you load up a new game or program you never know what your going to get, will it perform like a 5700x or are we beating the 14900k today? 😅~

1 minute ago, lotus10101 said:

CD? 

😆

I dont recall typing cd

Just now, emosun said:

I dont recall typing cd

Said install it normally

Ryzen 5800X3D(Because who doesn't like a phat stack of cache?) GPU - 7700Xt

X470 Strix f gaming, 32GB Corsair vengeance, WD Blue 500GB NVME-WD Blue2TB HDD, 700watts EVGA Br

~Extra L3 cache is exciting, every time you load up a new game or program you never know what your going to get, will it perform like a 5700x or are we beating the 14900k today? 😅~

2 minutes ago, lotus10101 said:

Said install it normally

I sure did

Edit 

Edited by Velinard
Wrong reply place

11 minutes ago, emosun said:

I sure did

I chose the install from cloud option. It was an option from the reset this pc section. I don't have a physical copy of windows and no optical drive. And no USB large enough to hold a copy 

Just now, Velinard said:

well it would appear that option isn't working so i'd recommend installing it normally and spending the 5$ on a usb stick or just borrowing one from somebody. but again nobody here recommended using cd media.

To be clear, did you use the windows refresh thing where it reinstalls itself? Or did you format the drive, wiping all the data?

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

1 minute ago, OddOod said:

To be clear, did you use the windows refresh thing where it reinstalls itself? Or did you format the drive, wiping all the data?

from the sounds of it they probably got this prompt

Cloud-Reset-11.webp

2 minutes ago, OddOod said:

It has been so long I've done a format. I forgot searched google. got this: To reset your PC, go to Start  > Settings  > Update & Security  > Recovery  > Reset this PC > Get Started.
I chose erase all files, and install from cloud. 

from the sounds of it they probably got this prompt

Cloud-Reset-11.webp

yes exactly this. 

based on emosun's reply. since I don't have a big enough USB.  I found an old external hard drive (very slow) and am using my laptop to create a windows install on the external hdd ( thought this would be faster than driving to the store). will connect it once the that part is done (stuck on 50% right now)

3 minutes ago, Velinard said:

It has been so long I've done a format. I forgot searched google. got this: To reset your PC, go to Start  > Settings  > Update & Security  > Recovery  > Reset this PC > Get Started.
I chose erase all files, and install from cloud. 

no worries, I was just making sure we were all on the same page. Words is always hard ❤️ 

Best of luck!

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

Just now, Velinard said:

based on emosun's reply. I found an old external hard drive (very slow) and am using my laptop to create a windows install on the external hdd. will connect it once the that part is done (stuck on 50% right now)

well make sure you are using it to create "install media" and not just installing windows onto the drive.

1 minute ago, emosun said:

well make sure you are using it to create "install media" and not just installing windows onto the drive.

I believe I'm creating the install media. hopefully I'm not this tech illiterate haha
image.thumb.png.35560272065697cbf52a3e5b43bc3134.png

yep that looks like you're making media , hopefully the pc can read the external disk from the firmware when you go to boot

yep that looks like you're making media , hopefully the pc can read the external disk from the firmware when you go to boot

with my luck I should go and buy the usb now