Intel i3 12100 stock cooling

I was going to just use the stock cooler as upgrading it would be for form not function but I’ve seen some different people saying that it can limit performance. Does the i3 12100 need anymore than stock cooling to perform at its best?

I know that recent gens of intel chips have stupid high thermals, but I can't imagine that the lowest grade chip in the lineup would be throttled by it

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

As long as you don't mind the noise, the stock cooler is just fine for the 12100. Even for the 12400 it allows for max performance. It's only when you get into higher grade chips that the stock cooler can be an issue.

You can always try out the stock cooler for a while and, if you hate the noise, you can upgrade later to a small tower cooler.

3 hours ago, YoungBlade said:

As long as you don't mind the noise, the stock cooler is just fine for the 12100. Even for the 12400 it allows for max performance. It's only when you get into higher grade chips that the stock cooler can be an issue.

You can always try out the stock cooler for a while and, if you hate the noise, you can upgrade later to a small tower cooler.

Ok thanks, I’m not too bothered by noise as I always use a headset and can’t hear anything anyhow lol