HELP ME FIGURED OUT WHAT WENT WRONG, i got 100-120fps on my COD MW2.

KubaMeister

My setup

R5 5600x

RTX 3080 OC

32 GB ram 3200mhz

I still cant utilize my GPU usage. It always stayed at 70-85%max. I even max out the setting in game but the FPS drop to 80-90fps. Right now, im just lowering every setting to low and hit only like 125fps max. I refer to many youtube videos that benchmark this game, they can hit 160fps easily with same setting. So, i need help to find out what went wrong with my setting. Thanks

what's the problem exactly?

what is your cpu usage? disk usage? other information.

other peoples benchmarks are not your benchmarks.

Do those people have the exact same system as you? same drivers? same OS version?

If your question is answered, mark it so.  | It's probably just coil whine, and it is probably just fine |   LTT Movie Club!

Read the docs. If they don't exist, write them. | Professional Thread Derailer

Desktop: i7-8700K, RTX 2080, 16G 3200Mhz, EndeavourOS(host), win10 (VFIO), Fedora(VFIO)

Server: ryzen 9 5900x, GTX 970, 64G 3200Mhz, Unraid.

I second everything mentioned above. Check for updates. Also you cant be sure your system is an exact match, on top of everything, your cpu cooling / gpu cooling may be different from benchmarked videos. 

Some stuff I would consider:

-Make sure you are in Fullscreen mode (i've had cod switch between that and windowed mode on its own)

-Make sure you're drivers are up to date.

-Perform a scan and repair from blizzard client, to make sure all files are present etc etc.

I did a quick google search of a recent benchmark (to get as close to most recent release version of the game) of it and on the basic preset, they got ~130fps. 

47 minutes ago, Takumidesh said:

what's the problem exactly?

what is your cpu usage? disk usage? other information.

other peoples benchmarks are not your benchmarks.

Do those people have the exact same system as you? same drivers? same OS version?

OS Windows 10 Pro
My problem is the FPS is to low even i set all the graphic setting low. Its cap at 125-130fps best.1089647991_CallofDutyModernWarfare2(2022)Screenshot2023_01_28-01_47_22_28.thumb.png.829cdedf68c626c29853c0068a74ba0b.png

26 minutes ago, KingTdiGGiTTy said:

Was there a game update?

Driver update?

Temperatures?

driver and games are both up to date

2 minutes ago, 9wele7 said:

I second everything mentioned above. Check for updates. Also you cant be sure your system is an exact match, on top of everything, your cpu cooling / gpu cooling may be different from benchmarked videos. 

Some stuff I would consider:

-Make sure you are in Fullscreen mode (i've had cod switch between that and windowed mode on its own)

-Make sure you're drivers are up to date.

-Perform a scan and repair from blizzard client, to make sure all files are present etc etc.

I did a quick google search of a recent benchmark (to get as close to most recent release version of the game) of it and on the basic preset, they got ~130fps. 

I already to follow their setting and try to play around with other setting myself, none work on me 😞

hmph, I've never tried MW2 on PC but it definitely seems weird an older game dropping below 100fps low settings with a 3080 @1080p no less.

Ryzen 5800X3D(Because who doesn't like a phat stack of cache?) GPU - 7700Xt

X470 Strix f gaming, 32GB Corsair vengeance, WD Blue 500GB NVME-WD Blue2TB HDD, 700watts EVGA Br

~Extra L3 cache is exciting, every time you load up a new game or program you never know what your going to get, will it perform like a 5700x or are we beating the 14900k today? 😅~

Different maps, but this dude isn't too far off you, ranging from 120-150's with the "same" setup. Though, a few settings are higher and there are other unknowns, so don't take this as an apples to apples thing.

Edit: Missed the second screenshot, temps are ok.

Anything else running in the background?

Parasoshill

adjective

• A person whose parasocial relationship with a social media influencer or content creator has driven them to promote or blindly defend them, acting as a shill for their benefit.

26 minutes ago, lotus10101 said:

hmph, I've never tried MW2 on PC but it definitely seems weird an older game dropping below 100fps low settings with a 3080 @1080p no less.

this doesn't look like an old game though... i looked it up, yes, initial release seems was 2009, but this version of it is 2022... i actually have that game but for me its called "warzone 2" same exact settings and stuff... 🤔

1 hour ago, KubaMeister said:

My setup

R5 5600x

RTX 3080 OC

32 GB ram 3200mhz

I still cant utilize my GPU usage. It always stayed at 70-85%max. I even max out the setting in game but the FPS drop to 80-90fps. Right now, im just lowering every setting to low and hit only like 125fps max. I refer to many youtube videos that benchmark this game, they can hit 160fps easily with same setting. So, i need help to find out what went wrong with my setting. 

My man, it almost looks like you're cpu bound... can you check cpu usage on all cores, im only seeing 4 cores on your screenshot... i thought you got one of those old snoozy i5 with 4 cores or something... so check that...

otherwise with settings, i can try to help ya out later, game runs for me at 150-170fps (1440p) no issues medium/ low settings... warzone this is, i suppose this is the same game/engine?  but i could be wrong about that lol.

either way check cpu usage on all the cores while playing. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

2 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

this doesn't look like an old game though... i looked it up, yes, initial release seems was 2009, but this version of it is 2022... i actually have that game but for me its called "warzone 2" same exact settings and stuff... 🤔 [...]

MW2 (2009) != MWII (2022)

MWII (2022) == Warzone 2.0

7 minutes ago, DonGirses said:

So its not the same game?  its got the same settings though!  😅

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

2 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

So its not the same game?  its got the same settings though!  😅

It is the same game, just looks like it's multiplayer instead of battle royale (warzone 2.0)

17 minutes ago, DonGirses said:

MWII (2022) == Warzone 2.0

hmmm looks like Im way out of the COD loop

Ryzen 5800X3D(Because who doesn't like a phat stack of cache?) GPU - 7700Xt

X470 Strix f gaming, 32GB Corsair vengeance, WD Blue 500GB NVME-WD Blue2TB HDD, 700watts EVGA Br

~Extra L3 cache is exciting, every time you load up a new game or program you never know what your going to get, will it perform like a 5700x or are we beating the 14900k today? 😅~

9 minutes ago, lotus10101 said:

hmmm looks like Im way out of the COD loop

yeah its a new game... kind of like a remake hence they write "II" but for all intends and purposes the game in the OP is new, its got fidelity CAS etc...

also i just played the free version of it (warzone "2.0") 

im pretty sure i got killed by a bot... thats how bad i am! 😄

Back to Overwatch 2 for me killing some tanks! 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

11 hours ago, WildDagwood said:

Different maps, but this dude isn't too far off you, ranging from 120-150's with the "same" setup. Though, a few settings are higher and there are other unknowns, so don't take this as an apples to apples thing.

Edit: Missed the second screenshot, temps are ok.

Anything else running in the background?

in multiplayer map, i can hit 165fps easily, but the performance drop when playing battle royale

• 2 months later...

Make sure to enable XMP profile on your RAM in the bios. RAM is probably not running at its full potential speed.