Free / self-hosted Frame.io / Wipster / Screenlight alternative?

gyorfitam

I was wondering if there's any alternative to Frame.io / Wipster / Screenlight that you can self-host. So the idea is that you upload a video either to YouTube / Vimeo or your own website (through FTP, Wordpress, etc.) and this piece of software would put a layer above it that would enable people (reviewers, clients, etc.) to write time-coded comments. So basically wherever you pause the video and make a comment, the time-code / time-stamp would be automatically added to your comment. I'm not a web developer (although I done some programming long time ago) but this sounds to me something that should already exist in a form of a Wordpress plugin for example but it seems it doesn't for some reason. At least after frantically searching with Google and asking Chat GPT, I couldn't find anything like this. Even Dropbox has this function as I found out recently. If anyone could shine some light to this topic, would be greatly appreciated :).

I found a potential cadidate, it's called Clapshot - self hosted video review tool. I have no idea how to make this one work聽馃槂. From my understanding, this supposed to be more like a local service you can run on a NAS or something. Is there a way to make this usable/accessible to clients - so for people outside of your team?
Other seemingly acceptable solution: Wipster offers a 5GB storage with their free plan. Seemingly the only real drawback is the 540p playback. I don't think that should be a big deal for reviews - and since you only have 540p playback, you can just export in 540p with lower bitrate, so 5GB should be enough for few projects at once I guess. What do you think?