This is a computer. - Pantera Pico PC

James

This tiny PC is one of the coolest devices I've seen in a long time! I'm going to show you all the cool stuff it comes with (including the mini projector), what it looks like inside, and what it's like to game on it.

Check Out the Pantera Pico PC: https://lmg.gg/ZLpTH

Neat!

I mean, it performs roughly on par with my 2015 i5-5200u laptop, which is nuts for the size.

Edited by DonGirses

given the performance linus is experiencing, i think we have found a second manufacturer that doesnt cheat on the J series boost behavior, besides intel's own NUCs.

asrock boards tend to cheat HARD on the boost behavior, so they're actually almost usable.

Cool, I bought something almost identical (same form factor, and specs except a different celeron CPU) for 150$

EDIT

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B6G9NZM6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Now up to 175$, but the CPU is stronger.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Is this really that much better than just using a tablet? or your own phone + a usb c to hdmi connector?

These tiny PCs just seem to have an EXTREMELY niche use case to me.

It has 64GB of what now? I don't think my definition of ROM is the same as theirs. Why would anyone want Read Only Memory for their storage. Does it mean something else that I am not aware of?

image.png.ef6b2d97c3506530b7f53e78be90a488.png

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

2 hours ago, TetraSky said:

It has 64GB of what now? I don't think my definition of ROM is the same as theirs. Why would anyone want Read Only Memory for their storage. Does it mean something else that I am not aware of?

I know with phones/tablets that's often how the storage space is labeled for some reason.

Linus's experience with Counter-Strike: Source mirrors my own: some random guy who's probably been playing nonstop since 2004 trash talks you and immediately headshots you every time you spawn. I played a couple times, then closed the game and went back to TF2. To me, Counter-Strike is an item pack for Garry's Mod.

3 hours ago, TetraSky said:

The custom Android community tends to call the OS the "ROM", maybe that's where they pulled their terminology from? Or maybe it's for Really Outdated Memory? 🤷‍♂️

5 hours ago, ahuckphin said:

J series brings me back to this 

I miss Green Ham Gaming. 

And Druaga1.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

I would buy this, no lie. But only the pc part not the rest.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

11 hours ago, TetraSky said:

This mistake is found on many phone ads aswell for example look at LAVA website (a popular brand in india). This phone is 16Th best seller in Amazon.in/ Electronics,Mobiles and tablets and it still says 128GB ROM . https://www.amazon.in/Lava-Blaze-5G-Green-Storage/dp/B0BKJRHV2M/ref=zg_bs_3561110031_sccl_16/257-4668569-3630133?th=1 . it is only ufs2.1 so it is technically Really Outdated Memory 

10 hours ago, TetraSky said:

It's a three letter acronym that is short enough to be used for the title of the listing so that it will differentiate from RAM. Spelt similarily so it has connotation that it is a type of storage even if you may not know what it stands for. Could also be a holdover from the CD-ROM, DVD-ROM days as a familiar term.  

Found Samsung (PH) uses ROM to denote storage for the Galaxy A53. 

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | AsRock B450M-Pro4 | Zotac GTX 3070 Ti

Shure SRH840A | Sennheiser Momentum 2 AEBT | LG C9 55"

The subtitles are incorrect when referring to Floatplane: they instead say FlowPlane. (12:45 in the video)

The same mistake happens in the "I Got This MYSTERY Motherboard From Reddit" video from last week.

I guess the subtitling is outsourced and they're just going by how it sounds?

I can apsolutley aggre that this mini pc is amazing seance it’s a pc. However in some of the tech that almost use every day like in a smartphone you have some tech that are amazing and if you consider like some of asus new phones motherboard I think you can beuld som really small pcs whit mutch more performance.

I bought something like this, called the GMK Nucbox. It's pretty cool. I was using it as a media player but a got a Laptop now so I just use that as a media player for my TV in my bedroom. I should use it for something though.

Screenshot 2023-01-28 at 06-59-12 Intel Celeron J4125 Mini PC--NucBox S (WIN 11 Home).png

about drive not detected problem , maybe there is another explanation , when i want install windows on my Acer Nitro 5 AN515-57 i need to install the driver for NVME and SSD it seems the driver for them is simply is not coming with windows . you had to load them when you reach to the page that you should select the drive.

for me the driver is called V18.0.4.1146_IRST_VMD_20H1  maybe that system also need a driver

On 1/28/2023 at 12:44 AM, JEskandari said:

about drive not detected problem , maybe there is another explanation , when i want install windows on my Acer Nitro 5 AN515-57 i need to install the driver for NVME and SSD it seems the driver for them is simply is not coming with windows . you had to load them when you reach to the page that you should select the drive.

for me the driver is called V18.0.4.1146_IRST_VMD_20H1  maybe that system also need a driver

I had the SSD that came with the unit fail. The item was still under manufacturer warranty, but I was informed that my options were to send it to Hong Kong for service, or pay for another SSD. I bought one from them and swapped it out (which is very easy, kudos on design there) and within 2 hours of operation it crashes to Bios and only a hard physical reset gets the drive recognized again. Rinse and repeat. I am waiting for "Vicky", their one customer service rep, to respond to my latest drive failure. The unit has a great deal of potential, but there seem to be some quality concerns.