BLON B50 thread (old title: Sennheiser HD 650 + FX-Audio DAC X6)

BetteBalterZen
1 minute ago, rice guru said:

Just some light modding. I've just swapped out the pads and tuning foams for tygr pads and foams to get it to sound much closer to the tygr

Oh that's cool

A bit too long to read the topic but if you need/bass, forget about the HD560S. I had it and it's not a nice headphone for gaming and movies. Get the Tygr. If you can, the Amiron Home is also a very good headphone. Or DT880. 

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

1 minute ago, CTR640 said:

A bit too long to read the topic but if you need/bass, forget about the HD560S. I had it and it's not a nice headphone for gaming and movies. Get the Tygr. If you can, the Amiron Home is also a very good headphone. Or DT880. 

Thank you for your suggestions. 

The TYGR, Amiron Home and DT880 have better bass? 

Just now, BetteBalterZen said:

Thank you for your suggestions. 

The TYGR, Amiron Home and DT880 have better bass? 

The DT880 is neutral but it does have bass. The Tygr is like DT990-bass with DT880-treble. But in your case, likely the Amiron Home. Tygr too so a bit hard to choose. I have them both. 

DAC/AMPs:

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

9 minutes ago, CTR640 said:

The DT880 is neutral but it does have bass. The Tygr is like DT990-bass with DT880-treble. But in your case, likely the Amiron Home. Tygr too so a bit hard to choose. I have them both. 

I think the TYGR seems most interesting for me. Well I mean, the Amiron Home looks crazy too but so does the price hehe. 

Does the TYGR have a good, wide soundstage? 🙂

4 minutes ago, BetteBalterZen said:

I think the TYGR seems most interesting for me. Well I mean, the Amiron Home looks crazy too but so does the price hehe. 

Does the TYGR have a good, wide soundstage? 🙂

I know, right haha. Then it's the Tygr that will suit your needs/preferences. Great bass, perfect for gaming and movies. It has a wide soundstage. 

DAC/AMPs:

Just now, CTR640 said:

I know, right haha. Then it's the Tygr that will suit your needs/preferences. Great bass, perfect for gaming and movies. It has a wide soundstage. 

Thank you for your infos and recommendations 🙂 I think I might give the TYGR a go very soon. 

1 minute ago, BetteBalterZen said:

Thank you for your infos and recommendations 🙂 I think I might give the TYGR a go very soon. 

You're welcome! You might like the Tygr and it doesn't fatigue at all like happening with the HD560S. Very boring, fatiguing quickly and no bass. 

DAC/AMPs:

Just now, CTR640 said:

You're welcome! You might like the Tygr and it doesn't fatigue at all like happening with the HD560S. Very boring, fatiguing quickly and no bass. 

Well, it sounds good what you expain here. And bass is important to me, so the TYGR is probably a good headset try, after what you have explained. 

I see that a german seller Thomann have 30 days money back garantee, so it can't really end bad if I try the TYGR and I don't like them, for what ever reason. 

22 minutes ago, BetteBalterZen said:

Well, it sounds good what you expain here. And bass is important to me, so the TYGR is probably a good headset try, after what you have explained. 

I see that a german seller Thomann have 30 days money back garantee, so it can't really end bad if I try the TYGR and I don't like them, for what ever reason. 

Exactly. And comfort is important too and it's excellent. You can use it for many of hours without fatigue and pain. 

DAC/AMPs:

Just now, CTR640 said:

Exactly. And comfort is important too and the comfort of the Tygr is excellent too. You can use it for many of hours without fatigue and pain. 

And that is very important of course 🙂

11 minutes ago, BetteBalterZen said:

And that is very important of course 🙂

Hope the Tygr is the headphone you're looking for! 

DAC/AMPs:

• 2 weeks later...

Back with another update; 

Just got the beyerdynamic TYGR 300 R today and I've been using them for a couple of hours now, listening to music and playing Forza Horizon 5. Once again, I've EQ'ed these, for more bass and some minor mids increase. The TYGR sounds very nice, not as much bass as the B50s but the TYGR have enough and general audio quality is just as good, if not a bit better, but with a much, much wider soundstage - no longer sounds like the engine sounds (Forza Horizon 5) are coming from inside my head. 

@CTR640thank you for your suggestion, I really like the TYGR 300 R and will certainly be using these a lot going forward! 🙂