Jump to content

I'm frustrated and hate my Corsair K68, I hate it.

Over a year ago I paid way too much for a keyboard. Corsair k68. I should've bough a Cooler Master that was a quarter of the price of a K68 instead, but I thought well all the reviews say this keyboard is great, let's treat myself. First I find out that the switches are soldered in and aren't swapable, bummer. But worse than that, after 6 months of use the key caps start to randomly jump up making me lose confidence pressing keys when typing or playing games or doing anything, very frustrating.

 

after 8 months, The right Ctrl key just broke. The plastic on the base just flat out broke and the key fell out. Tried to find key cap replacements, those things are cheap, right? Well they are but not for this keyboard which has longer Ctrl keys that the majority of key caps out there do not fit for. The ones Corsair is selling are way way more expensive than OEM key caps here. I could buy that Cooler Master Mechanical instead of buying a set of stupid keycaps that fit this keyboard for the same price.

 

And now, the second Ctrl key just broke down the exact same way. Corsair says the warranty doesn't cover this because it fall under " wear and tear accosiated with normal use". How could this be when my previous mechanical keyboard, which was a no brand chinese mechanical, had a metal top and worked great for 2 years and even then I gave it away to a family member and still working. Screw this and screw them. This will definitely be my last Corsair purchase.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

hmu i can send you the ctrl key but Terpydab@gmail.com just take it as a helpful gift might take a while to get there im not paying for good shipping, just lmk K68...i have 3 spare keyboards and yes they have serious problem replacing shit....why do you think i got 3 only 2 of them work

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Terpy_M.2 said:

hmu i can send you the ctrl key but Terpydab@gmail.com just take it as a helpful gift might take a while to get there im not paying for good shipping, just lmk K68...i have 3 spare keyboards and yes they have serious problem replacing shit....why do you think i got 3 only 2 of them work

holllld up i cant find it hahah

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Terpy_M.2 said:

holllld up i cant find it hahah

Thanks. I'll still have to care for these dumb keys poping out every day. I think the best cure is to get something else instead. Just hurts how much I pait for this one in comparison.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

This sounds very unbelievable to me. Maybe you are telling the truth, but to me it sounds like you have a bit of an anger issue and have abused your keyboard too the point where it broke, and now you blame the keyboard. 

Or maybe you keep removing the keycaps in an incorrect way which puts a lot of force on them. 

 

I just don't see how it would be possible for multiple keys to break to the point where the key doesn't stick to the keyboard without some physical abuse.

 

 

Anyway, I don't think there is much help you can get here even if your story is an accurate depiction of what happened. I am not sure what the goal of this thread is. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Quote

This sounds very unbelievable to me. Maybe you are telling the truth, but to me it sounds like you have a bit of an anger issue and have abused your keyboard too the point where it broke, and now you blame the keyboard. 

Can I have your number? I could really use an armchair psychologist to help with my lies and anger problems. Thanks

 

9 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Anyway, I don't think there is much help you can get here even if your story is an accurate depiction of what happened. I am not sure what the goal of this thread is. 

Same here, I'm not sure what the point of your comment is either.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jon-Slow said:

Can I have your number? I could really use an armchair psychologist to help with my lies and anger problems. Thanks

Do you understand why someone might find it hard to believe that several keys broke by themselves without excessive force being applied to them?

It's just pieces of plastic. They typically don't spontaneously shatter. Even if there was some manufacturing defect where the plastic was weaker that intended, the likelihood of you specifically ending up with more than one of these defect keys is very, very small.

 

Maybe "anger issue" is the incorrect term to use but when I read your post my mind went to the usual "angry gamer smashes keyboard" clips. But it could also be other things for example, like I said, you removing the keycaps incorrectly which can put a lot of pressure on the weaker spots of the construction.

 

I find your post a bit hard to understand. For example I don't know what "key caps randomly jump up" means, I am not entirely sure which part of the key that broke but I assume it's the key cap since that's what you're trying to replace. So maybe I am misinterpreting you.

 

 

2 hours ago, Jon-Slow said:

Same here, I'm not sure what the point of your comment is either.

Haha, funny.

But seriously, did you make this thread just to complain because you are angry and want to vent, or are you hoping to get some help with an issue? If the latter, what help are you hoping to get?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've used the K70 since 2012 or so. I've just recently retired both of them, and went with Ducky for replacements.

 

I've personally never killed a single K70, other than by spilling soda on them. Two died that way. I've never had an issue with keycaps coming off, getting loose, or getting damaged, beyond getting really shiney with use.

 

The reason I retired my boards was due to a massive dislike for iCue. Don't need stupid software with the Ducky boards.

 

If you are rough with your keyboard, maybe consider a budget offering instead. Kinda sucks replacing a $100+ keyboard because you went a bit ham first on it.

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

 

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Super Glue + Baking Soda or Epoxy Glue is probably your best friend in this kinda case.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

__________________________________________

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Sarra said:

If you are rough with your keyboard, maybe consider a budget offering instead. Kinda sucks replacing a $100+ keyboard because you went a bit ham first on it.

The majority of my use case has been working +8 hours a day, mostly utlizing a drawing tablet. I've only played games like RDR2 or Days gone with it for maybe an hour a day, most other games I play on my TV with the controller. And I just don't play any online games. But in general and looking back, I do think that my previous no brand chinese mechanical was better built than this and the responsiveness or the keypresses didn't feel any different, so yeah I probably won't pay this much for a keyboard again and will stick with the cheaper ones.

 

Quote

The reason I retired my boards was due to a massive dislike for iCue.

 

Yeah I ended up just getting rid of that too because of how much I didn't like it and opted for setting a solid color.

 

8 hours ago, Poinkachu said:

Super Glue + Baking Soda or Epoxy Glue is probably your best friend in this kinda case.

 

Yeah I could try this maybe for the keys that pop out randomely and one Ctrl key might still be salvagable. But I think I've already made my mind to order the Cooler Master mechanical which is a quarter of the price of this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Jon-Slow said:

The majority of my use case has been working +8 hours a day, mostly utlizing a drawing tablet. I've only played games like RDR2 or Days gone with it for maybe an hour a day, most other games I play on my TV with the controller. And I just don't play any online games. But in general and looking back, I do think that my previous no brand chinese mechanical was better built than this and the responsiveness or the keypresses didn't feel any different, so yeah I probably won't pay this much for a keyboard again and will stick with the cheaper ones.

Now I'm almost wondering if you got a bad keyboard. I digress, though, that's neither here nor there.

 

Do you want to stay mechanical? Do you have a preferred switch? I mean, once I got my first mechanical keyboard, I never looked back. But to each their own.

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

 

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Sarra said:

Now I'm almost wondering if you got a bad keyboard. I digress, though, that's neither here nor there.

 

Do you want to stay mechanical? Do you have a preferred switch? I mean, once I got my first mechanical keyboard, I never looked back. But to each their own.

 

Yeah I'm absolutely certain something is wrong with the keyboard, becuase I have had 2 Mechanicals before this, both of them unkonw chinese brands, and I never had keys just pop out like this.

 

Yeah definitely not going back from Mechanicals but for the moment I've spent wayy too much upgrading my PC just a month ago and prefer not going for anything expenisve. The Cooler Master Ck550 V2 seems pretty cheap where I am and the reviews seem very positive, but then again the reviews for this Corsair keyboard were positive too. So far I have only used Red and Blue switches and I think I definitely like blue switches better but I can get used to the red ones too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jon-Slow said:

Yeah I could try this maybe for the keys that pop out randomely and one Ctrl key might still be salvagable. But I think I've already made my mind to order the Cooler Master mechanical which is a quarter of the price of this.

Well, if you are not selling the broken keyb, may as well just try repair it anyway and keep as spare for emergency situation or whatevs.
Since Super Glue / Epoxy Glue is pretty cheap anyway.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

__________________________________________

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Jon-Slow said:

 

Yeah I'm absolutely certain something is wrong with the keyboard, becuase I have had 2 Mechanicals before this, both of them unkonw chinese brands, and I never had keys just pop out like this.

 

Yeah definitely not going back from Mechanicals but for the moment I've spent wayy too much upgrading my PC just a month ago and prefer not going for anything expenisve. The Cooler Master Ck550 V2 seems pretty cheap where I am and the reviews seem very positive, but then again the reviews for this Corsair keyboard were positive too. So far I have only used Red and Blue switches and I think I definitely like blue switches better but I can get used to the red ones too.

Well, you typically get what you pay for, with mechanical keyboards. The cheapest way would be to do what poinkichu has suggested and use glue to make a permanent fix. I can't really recommend any cheap keyboards since all I've used have been Corsair and Ducky. I had a steelseries, but it was defective out of the box and after returning it, I tried a Razer, which was also defective. I returned that kb for my first Corsair k70, and until I went Ducky, I never needed anything else.

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

 

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×