The Ultimate Gaming Minivan - Part 1 (SPONSORED)

Sveeno

Thanks to EcoFlow for sponsoring this video! Check out their power kits at: https://us.ecoflow.com/?aff=620

These days, it’s possible to game almost anywhere if you are willing to make some compromises. But what if you’re not? What if you want high end hardware everywhere you go? In this episode of the ultimate gaming minivan, we set our van up to accommodate the PCs!

Why?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

#MuricaParrotGang

The meme thread

All of my image memes are made with GIMP.

My specs are crap but if you are interested:

Spoiler

The meme-making machine - Optiplex 780:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.0 GHz

GPU: NVidia Quadro FX 580

RAM: 2 GB

SSD: Non-existent

HDD: 1 TB

Laptop: HP 255 G7

CPU: Ryzen 5 3500U

GPU: Radeon Vega 8

RAM: 8 GB

SSD: 500 GB NVMe

Just now, Red 🙂 said:

Why?

because tax exampt

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

Is it possible to use this as extra battery power for an electric car (like Tesla or Toyota Prius running in electrical mode)?

15 minutes ago, Rin5743 said:

Is it possible to use this external battery as extra battery for an electric car (like Tesla or Toyota Prius running in electrical mode)?

I don't think Priuses can plug in, so there would be no way to charge it using an external power source.  For other vehicles, you'd need to be able to connect them, but I doubt the rate of charge would be worthwhile.

14 minutes ago, Rin5743 said:

Is it possible to use this external battery as extra battery for an electric car (like Tesla or Toyota Prius running in electrical mode)?

maybe, but I don't think most electric cars accept charging while driving.

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

5 minutes ago, Vicarian said:

I don't think Priuses can plug in, so there would be no way to charge it using an external power source.  For other vehicles, you'd need to be able to connect them, but I doubt the rate of charge would be worthwhile.

https://www.toyota.com/configurator/build/step/model/year/2022/series/priusprime/

2022 Prius has a plugin model.

30 minutes ago, Red 🙂 said:

Why?

Its more of a why not kind of thing, no practical use but its cool i guess?

Unless you are van lifing or something where you are literally living in your van in which case yea makes alot more sense cause its your main setup though laptops still more space efficient, that makes this an even more niche practical use which assumes you for some reason live in a van and for some reason need a crapton of computing power that a laptop cant offer

Looking forward to Part Two: Take A Ride In The Vomit Comet

the only time I ever got motion sick was trying to watch Cloverfield in a moving car. I genuinely think mounting smaller displays higher up might be the solution. Even something like one of those portable gamer usb-c displays might be a pretty solid option (one less AC cable to run!)

28 minutes ago, seanondemand said:

Looking forward to Part Two: Take A Ride In The Vomit Comet

the only time I ever got motion sick was trying to watch Cloverfield in a moving car. I genuinely think mounting smaller displays higher up might be the solution. Even something like one of those portable gamer usb-c displays might be a pretty solid option (one less AC cable to run!)

Screens that flip down from the roof of the car have been a thing for a LONG time... my dad's Ford Explorer in the mid-late 2000's had a little one in the back seat with a DVD player, which my sister and I thought was the shiznit when we got the car and then used a total of probably 3-4 times...

It would require more extensive interior modification to install than they seem to be interested in doing, would probably need to take the car to a business that actually specializes in vehicle entertainment systems instead of just having LTT staff do everything. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Quick correction to Linus on the charging of the batteries. These are LFP batteries, they aren't Litium Ion. So charging to 100% is normal and encouraged. It's not like lithium ion where it's bad to keep them past 90%

39 minutes ago, Vicarian said:

There's been a plug in model for many years if I'm not mistaken. There was a plug in version and a non plugin version.

What about a ATX12VO setup without PSU? will draw a lot less power...

And if use an "aliexpress laptop cpu" for it, will draw even less.

Made In Brazil 🇧🇷

23 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Screens that flip down from the roof of the car have been a thing for a LONG time... my dad's Ford Explorer in the mid-late 2000's had a little one in the back seat with a DVD player, which my sister and I thought was the shiznit when we got the car and then used a total of probably 3-4 times...

It would require more extensive interior modification to install than they seem to be interested in doing, would probably need to take the car to a business that actually specializes in vehicle entertainment systems instead of just having LTT staff do everything. 

Oh, for sure. They’re even making a comeback with the new BMW 8 series fold down theatre displays. But these will need to be “gaming” displays so headrest is probably going to be the way to go. 

The other problem I’ll be interested to see how they solve is how they stash a couple gaming PCs under the rear passenger seats while also keep them from getting water/salt/mud/cheerios/chocolate milk/all the other things minivans fill up with over time in there. 

57 minutes ago, seanondemand said:

the only time I ever got motion sick was trying to watch Cloverfield in a moving car.

Thats why I love Public Transport and when the Train goes 230 and you sitt in the Bathroom and dont/ feel know if the train is even moving.

From AT. :x

Some ideas to improve the program.
1) Take care of protecting the cell of the batteries and probably the computer against fire .
2) Make use of a powerful laptop with 3080 and an Intel i7 processor , until you have exited a more updated laptop. It is a combination of large power with good performance and minimal power consumption in relation to a stationary computer. With a little creativity, you can disassemble the laptop screen and use it as a screen in the back bench. That way you'll get a smaller, more economical and high-refresh rate.

Can't wait until they do the video where they use it as an Uber and get their first random passenger.

"Hey we've got a gaming PC in the back seat, you want to use it?"

"Uh... no thanks. You don't have PS5, huh?"

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

I don't normally like to give parenting advice since i'm not a parent, but Linus's response of "throw a PC at/in it", the LAN centre, the theatre room, the worlds most comfortable gaming set up in the old house, feels a bit......strange. I get we're growing up in the digital age, but i do hope that they do spend more time away from screens than the videos we see would lead us to believe.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

This would be a great mod for one of those Explorer conversion vans. Satellite TV, PC gaming, movie server... You could even remove those back seats and throw in one of those fancy Panasonic recliners right in the middle with full massage. Those Chevy cargo vans have the flat floor room to do it, especially if you go LWB.

Personally my plans are to just get an inverter and a higher amperage alternator.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

putting some metal boxes with 2x 20kg on some sheet of plywood behind your backseats is a really creative way of definitively killing your kids and yourself, when crashing into something. 

The whole idea is so stupid from a safety point of view. Those batteries are too huge to not be a safety concern. They are too heavy for that small space. huge Monitors are too a safety concern when crashing. Multiple AC runs for what exactly, desktop pcs? just for shits and giggles? because i can tell you one thing: their kids would have never asked for this. Get them a switch or a smartphone without a screen time limit and they will be as happy as ever.

Don't endanger your family just because your inner manchild has too much money to throw around. 

Besides, you already did an off the grid camping van solution. You could have easily upgraded that one, or just for a videos sake bought an old fucked up camper van and specced the shit out of it. 

34 minutes ago, RingaDingDingDong said:

Besides, you already did an off the grid camping van solution. You could have easily upgraded that one, or just for a videos sake bought an old fucked up camper van and specced the shit out of it. 

Issue for that is the person who used the camper is primarily a friend of Colin who has left LMG to work at a laser cutting company and do some maker stuff himself as well as travel. So that's why they can't do that. I do wonder a bit why they chose this for the sponsored video but maybe it was difficult for them to think of a good use of the EcoFlow?