Odd 3D Printer

chillywaffle

Has anyone ever heard of ORD Solutions?  Their site seems to be a parked Godaddy domain so I assume they are out of business.  I found one of their printers in a closet where I work but I can't find any documentation for it.  Model MH3000R1.  Apparently they were not allowed to use it because it has exposed gears that people could get their fingers caught in so it has been siting unused for awhile.

image.thumb.jpeg.bda27d2cfe2d123b4261a01379e40aed.jpeg

Goodness that is old. Thats a plexi one still and looks mighty warped. Not much I can find as of now but it does need the liquid for cooling or it can melt itself it seems

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

that's.. a weird creature.. it appears to have multiple extruders, a heated bed, and a watercooled hotend.

but.. it's just an XYZ style printer, so as long as you can make it talk to a modern slicer, it'll slice and print just fine.

it does  seem like it would be very sucepitble to vibrations, so it might need some upgrades to get decent print quality out of it at decent speeds.

21 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Goodness that is old. Thats a plexi one still and looks mighty warped. Not much I can find as of now but it does need the liquid for cooling or it can melt itself it seems

It has a pretty thick layer of dust on it so I think it has been in that closet for at least 5 - 6 years.  I think the warped look is more my terrible photography skills than an actual bend thankfully.  I drained the loop because it was full of air bubbles and particulate.  

14 minutes ago, manikyath said:

that's.. a weird creature.. it appears to have multiple extruders, a heated bed, and a watercooled hotend.

but.. it's just an XYZ style printer, so as long as you can make it talk to a modern slicer, it'll slice and print just fine.

it does  seem like it would be very sucepitble to vibrations, so it might need some upgrades to get decent print quality out of it at decent speeds.

Think it is worth fixing up/upgrading? 

1 minute ago, chillywaffle said:

Honestly it looks fully assembled minus the loop issue. id say try it.

20 minutes ago, chillywaffle said:

depends on if all the electronics work, and if the chassis is solid.

if it prints well enough to produce upgrades for itself, i'd say it's worth it. if you have to start replacing the costly parts.. you'll drop into sunken cost fallacy VERY quickly, given that a wanhao D12 can be had for under 300 bucks, the sensible budget to invest is fairly small.