First print failed and spaghetti stringed after installing new Sprite extruder pro. Ender 3 v2

char3327

Hey y'all,

So recently I set up my ender 3 v2 (which had been printing great) with a new Sprite extruder pro lot and cr touch. I also updated the firmware to MrIsoc's professional firmware. After calibrating my e-steps, setting my offsets, and leveling the bed to a near perfect level, I created a mesh and loaded it to the machine. When I started my first print however, it seemed to have trouble putting down the first layer and after about 3/4 of the 3d benchy however the print detached from the bed and spaghetti stringed everywhere 😞 I'm not sure what the problem is but I would love some help figuring it out. I sliced it in Cura btw.

20221227_112837.jpg

20221227_112933.jpg

1 hour ago, char3327 said:

When I started my first print however, it seemed to have trouble putting down the first layer and after about 3/4 of the 3d benchy however the print detached from the bed

I've been out of the 3D printing game for a while,
but anyhow back when I was printing (on low-end printers) I would always cover the bed with blue painters tape to help with adhesion. I've also read glue stick offers the same benefit on certain bed material types, though I never tried that approach.

VGhlIHF1aWV0ZXIgeW91IGJlY29tZSwgdGhlIG1vcmUgeW91IGFyZSBhYmxlIHRvIGhlYXIu

^ not a crypto wallet

First, you should clean the bed with isopropyl alcohol. I've found that the best way to ensure bed adhesion is have a print running, then adjust the bed height until all 4 corners of the print have a solid first layer. The first layer should look flat and squish out a bit from the nozzle, without any stringiness. Aside from that, applying a thin layer of glue from a glue stick on the print bed works well as long as you clean it afterwards.

Computer engineering grad student, cybersecurity researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16