Linux on a dell Chromebook from 2014

Guyg69

My laptop is bad it is a Chromebook that came from 2014 it was 400 dollars............. in 2014. I would like to run linux mint xfce on it. I have no idea where to get started. The cpu is an intel Celeron n2840, there is 4gb ram and it has 16gb storage. I also want to know if it even makes sense to do this 

53 minutes ago, Guyg69 said:

My laptop is bad it is a Chromebook that came from 2014 it was 400 dollars............. in 2014. I would like to run linux mint xfce on it. I have no idea where to get started. The cpu is an intel Celeron n2840, there is 4gb ram and it has 16gb storage. I also want to know if it even makes sense to do this 

I'd suggest asking the question on the Linux Mint discussion forum.

https://forums.linuxmint.com

4 hours ago, Guyg69 said:

Linux yes, windows no. That processor is about on par with first gen Core 2 Duo which are still good for office work on windows but struggle playing videos on yt etc. So Linux would be the preferred choice here.