The Worst Counterfeit Merch I've Ever Seen

Plouffe

We bought more counterfeit merch to see if things have gotten any better over the last couple of years. Now that we've launched more products, we're seeing more non-clothing items, but that doesn't mean they're any good.

Linus should indeed sell those mugs, 

But only on April fools will they send meme ones [Random print job]

╔═════════════╦═══════════════════════════════════════════╗
║__________________║ hardware_____________________________________________________ ║
╠═════════════╬═══════════════════════════════════════════╣
║ cpu ______________║ ryzen 9 5900x_________________________________________________ ║
║ GPU______________║ ASUS strix LC RX6800xt______________________________________ _║
║ motherboard_______ ║ asus crosshair formulla VIII______________________________________║
║ memory___________║ CMW32GX4M2Z3600C18 ______________________________________║
║ SSD______________║ Samsung 980 PRO 1TB_________________________________________ ║
║ PSU______________║ Corsair RM850x 850W _______________________ __________________║
║ CPU cooler _______ ║ Be Quiet be quiet! PURE LOOP 360mm ____________________________║
║ Case_____________ ║ Thermaltake Core X71 __________________________________________║
║ HDD_____________ ║ 2TB and 6TB HDD ____________________________________________║
║ Front IO__________   ║ LG blu-ray drive & 3.5" card reader, [trough a 5.25 to 3.5 bay]__________║
║ OS_______________ ║ Windows 10 PRO______________________________________________║
╚═════════════╩═══════════════════════════════════════════╝

I find it funny that half of the stuff is redbubble.

Most of the stuff on there is ripped off or just memes.

I have seen alot of artists art being taken.

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

2 hours ago, Imbadatnames said:

To be fair it’s less of a rip off than their own backpack 

Based on what? Have you used the LTT backpack, have you compared it to other backpacks, or is this just a "what I think based on no evidence" type deal? Or should I buy junk backpacks that I throw away every year because that's SO much better for the world?

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

4 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Based on what? Have you used the LTT backpack, have you compared it to other backpacks, or is this just a "what I think based on no evidence" type deal? Or should I buy junk backpacks that I throw away every year because that's SO much better for the world?

I agree, I have used everything from ~60 school to 150USD biking backpacks.

As the price gets higher the more small things you appreciate or some quailty differences.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

I will just leave that here:

On 11/15/2021 at 8:11 PM, Vishera said:

I found this in a website that sells counterfeit LTT merchandise:

flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

ur,flat_mask_three_quarter,square,1000x1

On 11/15/2021 at 8:16 PM, Vishera said:

Ahhhh...What the hell did they do here to Linus 😄

ur,water_bottle_metal_lid_on,square,1000

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

18 minutes ago, Vishera said:

I will just leave that here:

The stuff of nightmares I see!! 😄

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 hour ago, Lurick said:

Based on what else is available at price points  50-500 and the LTT backpack is on the bottom end of that range in build and features 

Honestly, I only deal with Redbubble for its stickers. Anything else can be dubious as hell in quality as this video shows.

2 hours ago, Imbadatnames said:

Based on what else is available at price points  50-500 and the LTT backpack is on the bottom end of that range in build and features 

I've never looked for a backpack in this range. What even is out there?

Why isn't there an official LTT mug? The design possibilities are limitless!

- CPU pin theme

- Mini ITX version of the water bottle design

- Wide Linus

- Sad Linus

- Wide Sad Linus

They could come in normal and novelty "I love coffee" sizes.

As long as they're dishwasher-safe, I'd buy one.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

45 minutes ago, suspsiciouslyBee said:

Honestly, I only deal with Redbubble for its stickers. Anything else can be dubious as hell in quality as this video shows.

I've never looked for a backpack in this range. What even is out there?

At 300 which the bag is after tax and shipping you’re talking GOOD backpacking, hiking and military bags. Ballistic nylon and Cordura construction everywhere, MOLLE attachment systems, included water reservoirs, metal back supports etc etc. Actual lifetime warranty if you actually need it. You can get camelbak packs for 200-350 which are designed to go into war zones and come out the other side intact with all the equipment inside it still serviceable. 

In comparison the cheap polyester and sponge LTT bag looks massively out of its depth, which it is at this price point. Just a vanity pack with half baked ideas that just reduce the interior space of the bag. For example why is most of the internal volume just padding? My laptop for example has its own padded sleeve that has its own pocket to keep cables and dongles all in one package so I don’t have to dig it out of my bag every time I want a cable. My switch has its own case with storage for games for example too. All the padding is doing is removing space that could be taken up by stuff and makes what is actually a quite small bag internally stupidly and needlessly bulky. 

3 hours ago, Imbadatnames said:

300 which the bag is after tax and shipping you’re talking GOOD backpacking, hiking and military bags. Ballistic nylon and Cordura construction everywhere, MOLLE attachment systems, included water reservoirs, metal back supports etc etc.

Have you ever thought that some people don't want tacticool backpacks.

Without the weight of a frame.

My switch has its own case with storage for games for example too

Ok, try putting this fully kitted in a bag and keep it safe.

20221129_222137.thumb.jpg.c79ec0c30a33f22cf89be741392e52df.jpg

cheap polyester

Want to go there? I have a back pack that has surived atleast 7-8 years and believe me that back pack had a hard life the material was recycled plastic bottles (bassicly same material as the ltt backpack).

For example why is most of the internal volume just padding?

What else do you expect from a electronics reviewer that wants to keep that device safe.

Actual lifetime warranty if you actually need

He did have a warranty. But if your that hard on a backpack you know alot on backpacks and buy accordingly.

Also just keep in mind of what linus built that backpack for, its a commuting with consumer electronics in a urban environment. 

Can a swiss gear back pack work? Yes? Does it look ugly? Yeah its not the best looking pack so is a lot of hiking also my osprey radial 24L (bike communter) does to. So linus wanted something that looks less utility. 

Pc's

Spoiler

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

4 hours ago, sub68 said:

Have you ever thought that some people don't want tacticool backpacks.

Without the weight of a frame.

Not all of them have frames and you can remove them

4 hours ago, sub68 said:

Ok, try putting this fully kitted in a bag and keep it safe. 

You have a camera bag for that? I have one that would fit that in assembled and lock it down whilst being able to stow the bag inside a backpack rather than it be flung about inside a backpack.

4 hours ago, sub68 said:

Want to go there? I have a back pack that has surived atleast 7-8 years and believe me that back pack had a hard life the material was recycled plastic bottles (bassicly same material as the ltt backpack).

What’s a hard life exactly? They’re marketing it as durable so I’d expect it to at least beat my cheap-ish one that I’ve had for 15 years and used daily for 10. If it’s marketed as durable I expect it to take the same amount on ragging around as my current Cordura pack.

4 hours ago, sub68 said:

What else do you expect from a electronics reviewer that wants to keep that device safe.

He did have a warranty. But if your that hard on a backpack you know alot on backpacks and buy accordingly.

it’s not keeping the device safe though? Having seen what they look like after not that long the padding is already having a hard time and it’s just practical over just getting vases and sleeves to put into a pack of the same size with less padding. 

It’s more the false advertising. It also doesn’t really have a warranty either if you actually read it. 

4 hours ago, sub68 said:

Also just keep in mind of what linus built that backpack for, its a commuting with consumer electronics in a urban environment.  

Which it’s piss poor and overpriced for. You can’t fit anything in it for the size it is. Once a laptop goes in there most of your space is gone. You can get 40L+ packs that are the same size. It’s only got a 25L volume and that’s without stripping back areas you can’t use because it’s got a stupid amount of pockets and not everything fits in a pocket.

4 hours ago, sub68 said:

Can a swiss gear back pack work? Yes? Does it look ugly? Yeah its not the best looking pack so is a lot of hiking also my osprey radial 24L (bike communter) does to. So linus wanted something that looks less utility. 

Same as everything he does, form over function. Like he critiques others for. Almost like he does all the things he complains about in reviews and it’s alright as long as it’s him doing it. 

Look, I don't think anybody is arguing that the LTT backpack is great value - it isn't, because a $30 backpack on Amazon does 90% of what the LTT backpack does for 10% of the price. But that's how it always is with high end products. It's a custom made stealthy-looking backpack for people wo carry a lot of tech around. It's not a "military grade" extreme hiking backpack and it was never intended to be one. Most people simply won't need a backpack anywhere close to this pricepoint and that is okay.

That counterfeit bag is legit terrible though. I have a backpack that was literally €20 on Amazon and it's way nicer, somewhat durable and padded enough.

Meanwhile in 2024: Ivy Bridge-E has finally retired from gaming (but is still not dead).

Desktop: AMD Ryzen 9 7900X; 64GB DDR5-6000; Radeon RX 6800XT Reference / Server: Intel Xeon 1680V2; 64GB DDR3-1600 ECC / Laptop:  Dell Precision 5540; Intel Core i7-9850H; NVIDIA Quadro T1000 4GB; 32GB DDR4

it wasn’t a particularly inflammatory one

It is one, you don't give any more context besides say it s bad at the price I guess

Aside from maybe to someone who spent $300 on a $50 backpack 

Lol you think I bought one? no I don't need that type of pack.

5 hours ago, Imbadatnames said:

Not all of them have frames and you can remove them

Yes, but I don't think linus is that high speed.

It also doesn’t really have a warranty either if you actually read it. 

10 hours ago, sub68 said:

I think your used to osprey no qustions asked warrenty,

The warrenty ltt is using is literially for manufactore defects.

They don't need to repair any wear that is caused by the user. 

You have a camera bag for that?

nope, most photo backpacks suck and the ones I want are pretty expensive. 

So I end up using peilcan cases in backpacks.

6 hours ago, Imbadatnames said:

Which it’s piss poor and overpriced for.

ok so your mad on how expensive it is. sure there is cheaper options but I won't disreguard the ltt pack, it might be someones solution to there problem

6 hours ago, Imbadatnames said:

Same as everything he does

Yeah designer backpacks are also beuty in the eye of the beholder. 

Pc's

Spoiler

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

16 hours ago, Needfuldoer said:

Why isn't there an official LTT mug? The design possibilities are limitless!

- CPU pin theme

- Mini ITX version of the water bottle design

- Wide Linus

- Sad Linus

- Wide Sad Linus

They could come in normal and novelty "I love coffee" sizes.

As long as they're dishwasher-safe, I'd buy one.

It wouldn't be dishwasher safe, but you know there are those mugs where the image changes when you put a hot liquid in it? They could make one where there's a picture of Linus holding something and when you put coffee in it, he drops it. 

Prank idea for any LTT employees: you get your Intel extreme tech upgrade, get the bedroom/bathroom merch so that when Linus comes to do the upgrade you've got the Sad Linus blanket, sheets and pillow cases on your bed and towels in your bathroom. I think his reaction would be golden. 

Another thought that has copme to me: Thank God none of the counterfeiters makes a Linus Waifu pillow. Or if they do, thank God it's not in the video and I can continue to live untroubled by knowing such a thing exists. 

1 hour ago, sub68 said:

It is one, you don't give any more context besides say it s bad at the price I guess

Not really, should probably read the full sentence. 

1 hour ago, sub68 said:

Lol you think I bought one? no I don't need that type of pack.

Did I mention you? Rent free.

1 hour ago, sub68 said:

Yes, but I don't think linus is that high speed.

I think your used to osprey no qustions asked warrenty,

The warrenty ltt is using is literially for manufactore defects.

They don't need to repair any wear that is caused by the user. 

Not just osprey. The fact is “lifetime” doesn’t actually mean anything without some form of expected lifespan. The industry standard is around 10 but Canada and the US have no laws regarding warranty length, unlike in Europe where even if your product has no warranty outside of the 1-2 year legally enforced one you can still claim on what you “expect” the product to last like based on the price and marketing. So for example I buy a €300 backpack that is marketed as durable with a “lifetime” warranty I can point to another bag for example osprey and say I expect that bag to last 10 years based on the seller marketing it as durable and the price. It’s one of the reasons I suspect LMG has no European warehouse dispute doing plenty of business there even with extortionate for the consumer shipping, because there’s actually consumer rights there unlike in North America. 

1 hour ago, sub68 said:

nope, most photo backpacks suck and the ones I want are pretty expensive. 

So I end up using peilcan cases in backpacks.

Or you can just use a carry case inside a backpack, that lens is roughly 8” long and the camera is another 2.5” maybe. Sony make a padded carry case that would fit it all into without issue. I have the smaller model of the case that fits in an XT30 with a 55-200mm lens.

1 hour ago, sub68 said:

ok so your mad on how expensive it is. sure there is cheaper options but I won't disreguard the ltt pack, it might be someones solution to there problem

Yeah designer backpacks are also beuty in the eye of the beholder. 

It’s the marketing. They’re not marketing it as a designer backpack, they’re marketing it as “functional” and “durable” with claims about both features which just are misleading to outright lies. 

16 minutes ago, Imbadatnames said:

Or you can just use a carry case inside a backpack

Thats what i said and do. 

19 minutes ago, Imbadatnames said:

LMG has no European warehouse dispute doing plenty of business there even with extortionate for the consumer shipping,

Yes and no, ltt probaly doesnt want to sub contract for shipping i EU plus do something like that takes alot of work. Ltt is probably doing a third party to make the back pack so that manufacturer probably doesnt do warranty.

I know one eu youtuber that does the opposite. Where he sets up a warehouse in the us.

20 minutes ago, Imbadatnames said:

because there’s actually consumer rights there unlike in North America. 

There is do your research

https://www.ftc.gov/

25 minutes ago, Imbadatnames said:

It’s the marketing. They’re not marketing it as a designer backpack, they’re marketing it as “functional” and “durable” with claims about both features which just are misleading to outright lies

Yes but also i would say the pictures also say that.

Pc's

Spoiler

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

33 minutes ago, sub68 said:

Thats what i said and do. 

Yes and no, ltt probaly doesnt want to sub contract for shipping i EU plus do something like that takes alot of work. Ltt is probably doing a third party to make the back pack so that manufacturer probably doesnt do warranty.

I know one eu youtuber that does the opposite. Where he sets up a warehouse in the us.

That’s the point they sell out of the US because the consumer laws there are basically non existent. 

33 minutes ago, sub68 said:

There is do your research

https://www.ftc.gov/

Yes but also i would say the pictures also say that.

Linking to the FTC main site isn’t really proof of anything dude. Consumer protection in the US is very weak and none existent compared to Europe. 

11 minutes ago, Imbadatnames said:

Linking to the FTC main site isn’t really proof of anything dude. Consumer protection in the US is very weak and none existent compared to Europe

Notice what point i exactly pointed. I am interpreted us has no rights so thats why i pointed that.

16 minutes ago, Imbadatnames said:

That’s the point they sell out of the US because the consumer laws there are basically non existent. 

We dont know why ltt did that. I think its mostly the cost to add to keep a secound warehouse up.

Pc's

Spoiler

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

On a serious note, I think this video is misleading. The Redbubble products are actually produced by Redbubble themselves, NOT by the person selling it. There's plenty of other content creators using Redbubble to sell their merch.