Just updated windows 11 and my computer has a mind of its own typing and navigating on its own (disconnected it from internet)

Drizzt

Update: it turns out new corsair keyboards come with keylogger software. I have the k100 rgb. I would have never known it was logging sensitive into if it didn't bug out and start navigating files and typing logged keys on its own. This is very dangerous and I view this keyboard software as malware. The keyboard also might have some hardware/memory so I can't trust it anymore.

https://forum.corsair.com/forums/topic/179736-k100-keyboard-randomly-starts-typing-on-its-own/

I still can't take any chances and I will have to do a full reformat and windows install along with password changes (using a different keyboard). This keyboard is going back.

How does a company think it's a good idea to install a keylogger onto your keyboard. There keyboard not only logs keys but will type logged keys and navigate by itself. Imagine your sharing your screen at work and sensitive info types automatically. Imagine you step away and your financial info is sent over social media because the keyboard has a mind of its own.

I used to love corsair products but I am returning this. I also ordered the sabre wireless mouse and it changes sensitivity on its own in game making it useless. I will play a game and my sensitivity till drop to 1% of what it was which makes you take 20 seconds to do a 360.

Original post:

I am being serious and this isn't a joke. If it is an attack I suspect it's through one of my wireless devices. 

My computer is typing out things I have typed weeks ago by itself and closing/opening files on its own. I immediately disconnected from the internet and ran windows defender virus scan. During the scan I was not connected to the internet in any way and also not connected to a local network. My windows scan was canceled several times.

I disconnected my keyboard and the typing stopped, I was able to complete the scan and no virus was found. This isn't a joke.

Prior to this incident I have never had anything like this happen. I suspect it has something to do with the windows update or my keyboard but I could somehow be hacked.

Leading up to the incident:

I was trying to open equalize apo and it would close on its own repeatedly after I opened it. I got frusterated and restarted my computer. There was a windows 11 update. I ran the update with the restart.

After the restart I noticed spotify opened on its own and began to play music. This annoyed me and I looked through the settings to stop it from opening when my computer started up.

I tried opening equalize apo and I still couldn't open it. I decided to reinstall equalize apo. I uninstalled and reinstalled it. This prompted a restard which I did. After restarting spotify opened again by itself and played music. I paused the music and it would automatically play right after I paused it.

I started to search for ways to stop spotify from opening on its own. While I was searching my computer typed this on its own and searched:

I thought maybe something is wrong with my keyboard. I went to my start menu and then my computer started typing in real time by itself. I didn't have my hands on my keyboard. It began to type out things I had typed over the past two weeks. My heart sank and I thought I must have a virus or someone remote accessed my computer.

I disconnected myself from the internet completely. To my surprise my computer kept on typing. It was typing what I had typed last week in real time.

I opened windows defender and ran a quick scan. My quick scan would stop and I would hear rapid fire audio of opening and closing windows.

I tried to run the scan and click on another folder. My computer then began to navigate through the folder infront of me. I had no internet connection at this point. I then pivoted back and thought maybe it really was my keyboard. I purchased a new corsair keyboard with a bunch of features I don't know about yet. I disconnected my keyboard and the typing stopped. 

The navigating stopped. I then ran a quick scan and no viruses appeared. What the heck happened? 

I'm super careful with my computer and doubt it was a virus. I suspect it's related to windows 11 update or my keyboard. More importantly... why does windows have access to something I typed in last week and how was it saved in memory?

What should I do?

My computer was typing out stuff about xmp in bios.

Anyone have anything? I ran a full scan and nothing showed up but I'm paranoid enough now to start from scratch and take every safety percaution. 

Do you think this was an attack of some kind?

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/corsair-k100-rgb-full-size-wired-mechanical-opx-linear-switch-gaming-keyboard-with-elgato-stream-deck-software-integration-black/6424866.p?skuId=6424866

This is my keyboard. I suspect the issue is related to this. Should I still side with caution and reformat/reinstall as well as reset all passwords

Where did you download Windows 11 from??? If it's not officially from Microsoft, then you're SOL. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

8 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

Where did you download Windows 11 from??? If it's not officially from Microsoft, then you're SOL. 

I downloaded it from Microsoft. I just ran an update from restart.

2 minutes ago, Drizzt said:

I downloaded it from Microsoft. I just ran an update from restart.

So, you installed via Windows Update in Windows 10 and upgraded to Windows 11? 

Also, 

1 hour ago, Drizzt said:

My windows scan was canceled several times.

Did you cancel it?

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

2 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

So, you installed via Windows Update in Windows 10 and upgraded to Windows 11? 

Also, 

Did you cancel it?

I built a new computer a few weeks ago. I installed windows 11 from microsoft onto a usb drive. I bought a cheap key online.

I didn't cancel the scan. My computer was canceling it on its own.

I found a similar post as mine from four years ago 

9 minutes ago, Drizzt said:

I built a new computer a few weeks ago. I installed windows 11 from microsoft onto a usb drive. I bought a cheap key online.

I didn't cancel the scan. My computer was canceling it on its own.

OK that's fine. 

Any sort of macros on the keyboard?

38 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

OK that's fine. 

Any sort of macros on the keyboard?

Is this what you were referring to with macros?

Just now, Drizzt said:

Is this what you were referring to with macros?

Well a macro is basically a custom key configuration you can press with one button. 

someone posted about a similar sounding issue, also with a k100, a little while ago. i thought it might be a troll tbh, but not sure lol.

32 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:

someone posted about a similar sounding issue, also with a k100, a little while ago. i thought it might be a troll tbh, but not sure lol.

I believe it completely. My keyboard was navigating files and typing text on its own. I recorded a short video of it. The text was keylogged from me over the past couple weeks.