Zhitai TiPlus5000 1TB on old computer Result

BRT71

(I'm from China and I am a student.So my English is very poor.Forgive me,some are mathine translation)

When you heard a new brand making SSDs, you could think"it must be 'Others' ". But when I tell you this brand had been widely known in Chinese people, then what you thought? Zhitai is one of them. Its SSDs are bought by Chinese people whom have fun with computers. So I bought one to do a test. By the way, it cost me 519 CNY(≈74.6 USD, 1TB).

So let's look at the pack of the SSD. You can see model, storage capacity and read speed. It's not bad, right? On the right, you can also see a mark "Xtacking". That is the micro architecture of the nand flash. Detailed information is on the Zhitai website:Xtaking introduction.

image.thumb.jpeg.7ac28bd6c38e30fac3e6a007a28cf4df.jpeg

Open the pack, you can see the body of the SSD. Unter the sticker, there is a master control MAP1202 and 4 pieces of storage flash. They are Yangtze Memory 128 3D Nand Flash, not Micron, not Sandisk,and not any other storage vendor. And the Product Warranty Policy said "600TBW or 5 yrs", so the flash is so durable.

image.thumb.jpeg.4444add49f49cba8a3700b21d156e70d.jpeg

Let's load in the computer. At first, Windows 7 can't realize I load a storage. So I put a pach on it, now it can load the SSD.The picture below is my computer hardware.The Chinese on it is not important.

image.png.a143127176714e0abafb49c1753b7d14.png

AS SSD benchmark picture. To be honest, I think it has little reference value.

image.png.2eb9d2ab891c56cfa201c74c0c154795.png

CrystalDiskMark benchmark picture. Looks good.

image.thumb.png.ea22433d51b6fcd2119b8e22cf713430.png

HD Tune 100GB Read(Blue)&Write(Orange). I think its slow outside writing is better than WD SN750.

image.thumb.png.6e00b1c472bc32e08324a13b162999ce.png

So what do you think of this SSD? I think it is a good PCIe3.0 SSD to use everyday. And its price is low enough to buy it. So I think it's a good choice to buy SSDs.

51 minutes ago, BRT71 said:

(I'm from China and I am a student.So my English is very poor.Forgive me,some are mathine translation)

When you heard a new brand making SSDs, you could think"it must be 'Others' ". But when I tell you this brand had been widely known in Chinese people, then what you thought? Zhitai is one of them. Its SSDs are bought by Chinese people whom have fun with computers. So I bought one to do a test. By the way, it cost me 519 CNY(≈74.6 USD, 1TB).

So let's look at the pack of the SSD. You can see model, storage capacity and read speed. It's not bad, right? On the right, you can also see a mark "Xtacking". That is the micro architecture of the nand flash. Detailed information is on the Zhitai website:Xtaking introduction.

image.thumb.jpeg.7ac28bd6c38e30fac3e6a007a28cf4df.jpeg

Open the pack, you can see the body of the SSD. Unter the sticker, there is a master control MAP1202 and 4 pieces of storage flash. They are Yangtze Memory 128 3D Nand Flash, not Micron, not Sandisk,and not any other storage vendor. And the Product Warranty Policy said "600TBW or 5 yrs", so the flash is so durable.

image.thumb.jpeg.4444add49f49cba8a3700b21d156e70d.jpeg

Let's load in the computer. At first, Windows 7 can't realize I load a storage. So I put a pach on it, now it can load the SSD.The picture below is my computer hardware.The Chinese on it is not important.

image.png.a143127176714e0abafb49c1753b7d14.png

AS SSD benchmark picture. To be honest, I think it has little reference value.

image.png.2eb9d2ab891c56cfa201c74c0c154795.png

CrystalDiskMark benchmark picture. Looks good.

image.thumb.png.ea22433d51b6fcd2119b8e22cf713430.png

HD Tune 100GB Read(Blue)&Write(Orange). I think its slow outside writing is better than WD SN750.

image.thumb.png.6e00b1c472bc32e08324a13b162999ce.png

So what do you think of this SSD? I think it is a good PCIe3.0 SSD to use everyday. And its price is low enough to buy it. So I think it's a good choice to buy SSDs.

Nvme memory is a commodity product. There are speed of reads, speed of writes, and number of writes/cost

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

3 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Nvme memory is a commodity product. There are speed of reads, speed of writes, and number of writes/cost

Speed of reads: 3500mb/s

Speed of writes: about 3000mb/s

number of writes/cost: over 3000(TLC); 600TBW

9 hours ago, BRT71 said:

Is the thing on pcpartpicker? If it’s not there there’s more or less no way for it to make it into suggested builds on this fourm anyway, as that is how stuff is normally done here anyway.  I personally don’t suggest actually buying stuff there as while I designed my build there I then went to a microcenter and literally everything I looked at there was cheaper with the exception of coolers

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

9 hours ago, BRT71 said:

I am looking at getting the 京东 house brand. 449 rmb ($65 usd) for a 1tb gen 3 ssd using micron TLC nand. 5 year warranty. 

Screenshot_2022-12-11-06-26-23-692_com.jingdong.app.mall.jpg

On 12/11/2022 at 6:17 AM, Bombastinator said:

Is the thing on pcpartpicker? If it’s not there there’s more or less no way for it to make it into suggested builds on this fourm anyway, as that is how stuff is normally done here anyway.  I personally don’t suggest actually buying stuff there as while I designed my build there I then went to a microcenter and literally everything I looked at there was cheaper with the exception of coolers

Oh,sorry. This product can only buy in China. And it's on the USA blacklist. But you can try buying it on their website:YMTC EN web. And you can try finding it on Ebay

On 12/11/2022 at 6:26 AM, Blue4130 said:

I am looking at getting the 京东 house brand. 449 rmb ($65 usd) for a 1tb gen 3 ssd using micron TLC nand. 5 year warranty. 

Screenshot_2022-12-11-06-26-23-692_com.jingdong.app.mall.jpg

京造这个价可以尝试去买一些也是长江颗粒的小厂盘,像达墨等那些厂子的,1T可能会更便宜,镁光颗粒应该不错,当然如果你嫌那些不靠谱,原厂又贵的话应该可以试试(没买过京造的盘),另外京东可以直接翻译成JD (XD)