Internet won't work for 1 device on specific network

spicyboiii

Hello all,

I recently upgraded my computer, and was having no issues until after I left a game to download overnight. When I came back, I noticed that the internet was extremely choppy. It would randomly give me access to the internet for a brief window and suddenly lose all access to the internet for minutes at a time, until it would randomly give me access again. I switched over to another network and was not having these issues, but I would prefer to use the original network as the internet is much better. I'm not having this issue on any other devices, and my computer does not experience these problems on any other network. I'm completely baffled by this issue, as it has been persistently there for well over a day now with pretty much everything I throw at it doing nothing.

14 hours ago, spicyboiii said:

I switched over to another network and was not having these issues, but I would prefer to use the original network as the internet is much better.

Who's network? Your own or someone else's?

This kind of sounds like someone blocked your IP or limited your bandwidth on the router.

I used to do this to my sister's back in the days of DSL. They would be doing something stupid like dressing Barbies online so I'd block their computer.

If everything else on the network works fine except your computer, and your computer works fine on other networks you may have been blocked by the network admin for using too much bandwidth or suspected piracy.

If you're the owner/admin* of your home router/network I would recommend logging into the admin panel and seeing if you device is flagged in QoS or something. Do you know what kind of router the network is on?

Have you tried restarting it?