ASUS TUF Gaming X670E-PLUS WiFi 6E

cpu: AMD Ryzen 9 7950X -bought
cooling: ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II - 360-bought
ram: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory 225$
ssd: Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB -bought
case: lancool 216 -bought
psu: Corsair RM850x 140$
gpu: planinng to get the 7900xtx

honestly it depends on what you are going to be using the computer for and if you need the extra features that the x series boards provide. if youre just gaming then a b series board is perfectly fine and capable. 

8 minutes ago, stamdem said:

psu: Corsair RM850 140$

Very overpriced, 850w should be 120$ max but usually around 100$

What connectivity and i/o do you need? Thats the only factor to consider when picking mobo since all am5 vrms are overbuilt af and all boards when the firmware catches up will do 6200+ (max fclk) easy

A lower end b650/x670 (cheaper is better) like the pg lightning/pro rs is pretty much what most ppl will be fine with i/o wise cause tons of usb a ports

Biggest things I've heard from the streets,

Asus and gigabyte both got ousted as having distributed some kind of compromised software (bios, firmware for drivers and updates for their Mobo's specifically) on their home websites. (check my sources/ google-ing abilities) I haven't seen any "fix" or follow ups from them addressing this but they probably have?

outside of that biggest things I've learned along the way of PC building, IO can make or break longer term use (Completely biased on use case) I usually slowly graduate from strictly gaming to home/school use and with that various peripherals plugged in and sometimes it can suck to not have enough usb or other various ports at your disposal. from there the next thing to think about (completely IMO) is support long term. Bio's and other various firmware support for the chipsets and other components that come installed on your MOBO that cant always be changed (in most cases cant be). Nine times out of ten things like audio from realtek and wifi/bluetooth being intel, will offer their own support. creature comforts of "Bigger Brands" come with a little more support but its never a guarantee. that being said if your just chasing the it'll work mentality all of these options are great. if/then your looking to save a dollar because big brands come with the cost premium for just a name on an object you'll rarely look at I've never really heard of any direct negativities from ASrock. I thing LTT did a video addressing MOBO performance not having any major direct impact on performance outside of overclocking, more power delivery to the processor or memory kinda stuff, so if none of that matters to you then pick what's in stock at a good price and call it a day. then there's the aesthetic option, if your trying to "theeeeeme" a build grab whatever you think looks neat in your desk side space heater. outside of all of that though, Ive used Gigabyte, asus, and am going to eventually be buying an ASrock for an upcoming ITX build and from what I can see biased on there website respectively, Gigabyte has a lot of weird "utility" things that try to help keep your system up to date, but never really worked that well for me. Asus has their "Aurmory crate software" (probably spelt that wrong) that tries to do the same thing, and windows will try to auto install this, its usually pretty finicky at best and almost always wiig's out my fan curves that I set in the BIOS of my current system and I eventually end up not installing or using it. I just set the BIOS to what I want after uninstalling it.

all of this only to reiterate some of the previous comments, buy for what your indented use dictates. and if theres a feature you think you'll use or want on another option it wont kill your set up to go that route either.

P.S. sorry for the grammar an other meh errors I just hope you get some understanding or better direction from this. Good luck, happy building and I hope your having an awesome day.