Medion Akoya P2212T SSD upgrade

Hi guys.

I own this laptop where performance of it's system drivewith Windows installation is simply terrible.

I ran CrystalDisk info and got info that system disk is some HC8GE 64GB with terrible performance.

Since I have spare 250 GB SSD may I install it to this laptop and boot from that drive,and somehow either uninstall this 64GB or not use ir at all?

I'd install Windows to this 250GB drive.

disk.jpg

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

Its emmc onboard storage not upgradeable.

The dock has a 2.5inch drive but thats basically a usb hard drive.

Sadly you cannot upgrade the main drive.

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

Its emmc onboard storage not upgradeable.

The dock has a 2.5inch drive but thats basically a usb hard drive.

Sadly you cannot upgrade the main drive.

But I'd swap HDD with SSD,where I'd install Windows as boot drive.

Is that possible?

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

5 minutes ago, frozensun said:

But I'd swap HDD with SSD,where I'd install Windows as boot drive.

Is that possible?

Not really because the moment you would undock the tablet windows will crash as the hdd is in the keyboard dock and the bootdrive in the tablet.

The tablets drive is not replaceable and the dock drive is treated like a detachable storage.

Also keep in mind that even with a better drive this thing has a incredibly slow processor even for its time and 2gb of ram. Both not enough to even properly run windows 8.1 when it came out let alone function in todays world.

Not really because the moment you would undock the tablet windows will crash as the hdd is in the keyboard dock and the bootdrive in the tablet.

The tablets drive is not replaceable.

Oooh now I understand....anyway to speed up this eMMC?

Maybe not install much apps,or install custom OSs for low end PC who take around 5GB of storage...

2 minutes ago, frozensun said:

Oooh now I understand....anyway to speed up this eMMC?

Maybe not install much apps,or install custom OSs for low end PC who take around 5GB of storage...

Not really. It's just an old slow pc nothing really to do to get it to be somewhat useable.

Keep in mind that the cpu in this thing was when it came out comparable to something from 2006.

Not really. It's just an old slow pc nothing really to do to get it to be somewhat useable.

Keep in mind that the cpu in this thing was when it came out comparable to something from 2006.

I dont mind....surfing now on it...not slow at all.