i need a recommendation for an ethernet expansion card in argentina

weener69420

i need a recommendation for a gigabit ethernet card, i need it to be stable and capable of doing file transfers, hosting a minecraft server for no more than 6 person with mods, and doing parsec, i need to be able to do at least 2 of those things at the same time. 

so i need to be stable and as cheap as possible, i heard about tplink but i saw revies saying that they network card have some loss. 

i would love to give a specfic budget, but i live in argentina so giving pricing is not a thing. 

Wait you just need an ethernet jack for your pc?

Is it a laptop or desktop? If a desktop it has one and it's perfectly good.

The network card doesn't care if you do one, two or 100 things on it, it will just work.

The brand of the network card won't affect how much losses you have, that's not related to network card, it's related to other things like quality of the ethernet cable between network card and the switch/router/hub/cable modem / fiber converter/other network card at the end of the network cable, the quality of the device just mentioned, and the quality of the internet connection. 

Someone has problems with their internet connection or a bad switch and they give a network card bad reviews.

Pretty much all cheap network cards you can buy will be made with either the classic Realtek 8111 or Realtek 8169 that are used on motherboards since 10-15 years ago. The drivers are coming with Windows these days, and the quality of the standalone cards is pretty much the same no matter what you get. 

Gigabit Ethernet has been around for over 20 years. Any card you can get your hands on will work. (The best ones have Intel or Broadcom chips, but they'll all get the job done.)

What kind of machine do you have that doesn't have Gigabit Ethernet built into the motherboard?

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

3 hours ago, Needfuldoer said:

Gigabit Ethernet has been around for over 20 years. Any card you can get your hands on will work. (The best ones have Intel or Broadcom chips, but they'll all get the job done.)

What kind of machine do you have that doesn't have Gigabit Ethernet built into the motherboard?

i have the faulty ethernet adapter from intel (Intel(R) Ethernet Controller (2) I225-V #2)

basically it crashes completly when running a minecraft server. it happens only to this, my 54mbit wifi usb dongle doesnt do that. i literally need to restart the pc to get ethernet back