Weird GPU

PcBeExpensive
Go to solution Solved by Mark Kaine,

its not that easy, but most likely windows update in background. 

you can try turning on or off game mode.

and what are your pc's full specs?

My GPU (RTX 2060 OC deition from Asus) is being a bit weird. In NFS Unbound one day I was getting around 75 FPS and the next day the GPU was struggling to hit 60. Even dropped to 37 FPS in a cutscene. Originally posted this in the Graphics cards section but got no response. Someone tell me why and how to fix this please.

My First PC
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
Cooler: Asus TUF Gaming LC240
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix B550-f gaming
RAM: 4x8 GB Corsair Vengeance RS (3200 MHz, CL16)
Storage: 1tb Samsung 980 Pro
Graphics Card: Asus Dual RTX 2060 OC
Case: Deepcool Matrexx 50
Power Supply: Corsair RM650x
Headset: Razer Blackshark V2
Keyboard: Corsair K70 Pro Mini (Speed Silver switches)
Mouse: Razer Viper Mini
Only changes I have made is I sold the 2060 for $235 AUD and bought a Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT for $400 second hand (it was barely used, think I scored a deal on Ebay with that).
I'm learning video editing and trying to get some cash as a high school student.
I like F1, my favourite team is Scuderia Ferrari and favourite driver is Charles Leclerc. Favourite track is Red Bull Ring in Austria.
Playing with a 1080p 60hz monitor right now, hoping to upgrade to a 1440p 144hz one soon.

Living in AU and that pisses me off since every event is late at night or early in the morning (almost every F1 race starts around 11 PM AEST time)

its not that easy, but most likely windows update in background. 

you can try turning on or off game mode.

and what are your pc's full specs?

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

As @Mark Kaine have stated, please provide full PC specs. That said, if I had your system at hand, I would run a game in windowed mode and check temperatures, clockspeeds etc. with fx HWiNFO or MSI Afterburner (+Rivaturner). It would be interesting to compare numbers from when you have correct performance and when performance has dropped. 

It could be updates in the background as already mentioned, or indexing (although in later Windows builds it is supposed to be less agressive) or any number of background tasks. If the cutscenes are pre rendered they tend to be made at 30 or 60 fps playback speed, in game 'live' cutscenes may be displayed at the normal game framerate, so there could be a difference there from game to game depending on how the cutscenes are designed.

Agreed that using HWInfo64 & MSI Afterburner and probably Task Manager to monitor the system should show why the dips happen.

11 hours ago, BetteBalterZen said:

As @Mark Kaine have stated, please provide full PC specs. That said, if I had your system at hand, I would run a game in windowed mode and check temperatures, clockspeeds etc. with fx HWiNFO or MSI Afterburner (+Rivaturner). It would be interesting to compare numbers from when you have correct performance and when performance has dropped. 

Pc specs are 

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X

GPU: Asus dual RTX 2060 OC

32gb of ram. 

I think it may have been the windows update. Because it fixed by itself today.

My First PC
Only changes I have made is I sold the 2060 for $235 AUD and bought a Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT for $400 second hand (it was barely used, think I scored a deal on Ebay with that).
I'm learning video editing and trying to get some cash as a high school student.
I like F1, my favourite team is Scuderia Ferrari and favourite driver is Charles Leclerc. Favourite track is Red Bull Ring in Austria.
Playing with a 1080p 60hz monitor right now, hoping to upgrade to a 1440p 144hz one soon.

Living in AU and that pisses me off since every event is late at night or early in the morning (almost every F1 race starts around 11 PM AEST time)

11 hours ago, BetteBalterZen said:

I have also been monotoring utulisation and temps using rivatuner.

My First PC

19 hours ago, PcBeExpensive said:

I think it may have been the windows update. Because it fixed by itself today.

That is fantastic. Happy gaming 😊

On 12/11/2022 at 4:43 AM, BetteBalterZen said:

That is fantastic. Happy gaming 😊

thanks.

My First PC