HP Z420 GPU upgrade

MakcL

I have got a GTX 1060 OC (3gb) at home. I want to get a new PC, like a cheap Z420 that i found, and upgrade that PC to the 1060. Would that work out?

(And does anybody know what motherboard this is?)

Whats the goal?

A z420 even with the best cpu is kinda crap for gaming today. Also depends on the model of z420 if it even has the needed 8/6pin

The HP Z420 is a decade old and is limited to the Xeon E5 v0 and v2 families (Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge). There's no reason it won't work as long as you have PCIe power, but I think you'll be disappointed in its gaming performance unless you're replacing a Core 2 machine.

What PC are you looking to replace?

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

the Z420 is cheap, because the hardware inside is essentially worthless by this point.

single core performance of the platform is comparable to today's ultra low power desktop CPU's..

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/compare/2051vs3665/Intel-Xeon-E5-2620-v2-vs-Intel-Pentium-Silver-J5040

Well, currently, ive some kind of medion computer. Intel i3 2330 and a gtx 550 ti. 8gb ram. i want to get something like dell optiplex or something that i can get for cheap moneys, that i can upgrade with my gtx 1060 oc that ive got.