Best GPU for Fortnite

Marc Carriere
Go to solution Solved by aDoomGuy,

What do you mean best GPU for fortnite? A potato can run that game...

If we disregard fortnite entirely and rather think about GPU to pair with 7700x then 3070 Ti or up for Nvidia or 6900xt or up for AMD. Latter have new cards right around the corner called 7000 series. Might be good too.

If all you want is a GPU for fortnite though then *shrug* 1050ti?

Loking for option for my build what are some of the top cpu for fornite. I got a ryzen 7 7700x to build around. love to hear tought??? on it look like Invidia most like best If i like to stream at the same time. but like to hear why you pick that gpu ect.. please and thank you very much.

pc1.jpg

pc.jpg

What do you mean best GPU for fortnite? A potato can run that game...

If we disregard fortnite entirely and rather think about GPU to pair with 7700x then 3070 Ti or up for Nvidia or 6900xt or up for AMD. Latter have new cards right around the corner called 7000 series. Might be good too.

If all you want is a GPU for fortnite though then *shrug* 1050ti?

Well I play fortnite and plan to stream for fun. plus I do use programs like gimp , adobe and bunch of 3d slicer programs they can slow pc down for sure. At first was think amd but then their not big work horse. plus I like to play at 1440p if possible with 100FPS and up . Thank You very much sorry noob 

if you have unlimited budget just get a 4080 or 4090 problem solved. 

RELOAD BEFOR QUOTING. I EDIT MY POST ALOT!

MARK MY POST AS THE ANSWER IF I HELPED.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600 | GPU: RTX 2070 Super | Mobo: MSI X470 Gaming Pro | RAM: Corsair vengeance 32GB 8x2 3200mhz CL16 | SSD: Samsung QVO 870 1TB | PSU: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus 750 Gold 750 W 80+ Gold | Cooler: Thermaltake Contac Silent

12 | OS: Windows 11 Pro | Pcpartpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rGR6gb
Displays: ViewSonic XG2401 23.6" 1920 x 1080 144 Hz 

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad Gaming i5-1130 RTX3050 16GB | OS: Windows 11 Pro

2 minutes ago, HelloPeople said:

if you have unlimited budget just get a 4080 or 4090 problem solved. 

the rtx 3070 ti 1000$ the 4080 1600$ guess save bit more get the 4080 at that point I think your right thank you 

2 minutes ago, Marc Carriere said:

the rtx 3070 ti 1000$ the 4080 1600$ guess save bit more get the 4080 at that point I think your right thank you 

if you're serious about getting a 40xx gpu. don't go cheap on the psu.

if you don't need "the latest and greatest" maybe the 30xx series are more power friendly.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600 | GPU: RTX 2070 Super | Mobo: MSI X470 Gaming Pro | RAM: Corsair vengeance 32GB 8x2 3200mhz CL16 | SSD: Samsung QVO 870 1TB | PSU: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus 750 Gold 750 W 80+ Gold | Cooler: Thermaltake Contac Silent

4 hours ago, Marc Carriere said:

top cpu for fornite

3 hours ago, aDoomGuy said:

A potato can run that game

a potato plus some lemons and lime can run that game on ultra setting + ray tracing 😂

3 minutes ago, HelloPeople said:

a potato plus some lemons and lime can run that game on ultra setting + ray tracing 😂

here in Canada were I am it pretty much 2000$ for a 3090 not joking if you can find them. the 3070 ti min 849.99 lol 

Screenshot (9).png

Screenshot (10).png

Screenshot (11).png

Screenshot (12).png

1 hour ago, Marc Carriere said:

Well I play fortnite and plan to stream for fun. plus I do use programs like gimp , adobe and bunch of 3d slicer programs they can slow pc down for sure. At first was think amd but then their not big work horse. plus I like to play at 1440p if possible with 100FPS and up . Thank You very much sorry noob 

When I played Fortnite with the kid I used a 1050 Ti and rendered at 4k. Good framerates (dont remember how many) but it is NOT a demanding game.

GPU nowadays be like. Doesn't make sense to buy Nvidia lower than 3070 Ti as AMD have better options for the price and Nvidia scalp their own cards. 3070Ti is a good card but not as good in raster as the 6900xt which is a great card. Regardless both cards will melt the FPS counter in Fortnite lol. RTX 4000 offer great performance at even greater price so personally I paid around $1000 for a 6900. If a 3070 Ti is at the top end of your budget, you will have a good card but if you don't mind stretching it to a 4080 then you will have a much better one.

8 hours ago, aDoomGuy said:

When I played Fortnite with the kid I used a 1050 Ti and rendered at 4k. Good framerates (dont remember how many) but it is NOT a demanding game.

GPU nowadays be like. Doesn't make sense to buy Nvidia lower than 3070 Ti as AMD have better options for the price and Nvidia scalp their own cards. 3070Ti is a good card but not as good in raster as the 6900xt which is a great card. Regardless both cards will melt the FPS counter in Fortnite lol. RTX 4000 offer great performance at even greater price so personally I paid around $1000 for a 6900. If a 3070 Ti is at the top end of your budget, you will have a good card but if you don't mind stretching it to a 4080 then you will have a much better one.

I think all save extra 600$ and get a new gen at that point. thasnk you so much for the hard info and looking at prices. I get to pick over price low end or highend may has well di high end. 

2 hours ago, Marc Carriere said:

I think all save extra 600$ and get a new gen at that point. thasnk you so much for the hard info and looking at prices. I get to pick over price low end or highend may has well di high end. 

It will serve you better in the future and will be a good match for your CPU. 🙂

No probs!

2 hours ago, aDoomGuy said:

It will serve you better in the future and will be a good match for your CPU. 🙂

No probs!

yes I am hoping so dont really want to bottle neck to much. plus may has well we prices. Super thank you for helping me 🙂  it good to see all sides in things :).