Just built pc doesn’t boot up

Rasse888

Just finished building my first self assembled pc. Cpu, cpu cooler and gpu are used, but according to the sellers should work just fine. Case, motherboard, ram and psu are all brand new. I added an m2 drive from my second computer which is wiped clean. My pc is all assembled and turns on (button lights up). Rgb case fans, gpu fans and cpu cooler fan all turn on as well. Then the problems, my keyboard and mouse (plugged in) don’t respond. I tried both the back usb- and front usb ports, nothing. Also I don’t get video signal when monitor is plugged in gpu (yes, I’m sure it’s in the gpu). I don’t know what could be the problem. Could it be that the motherboards 24 pin isn’t connected properly, ram isn’t connected properly or if the m2 is somehow not functioning. Help please and thanks!

Can you fully list out your parts to start?

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Always plug the keyboard and mouse into the motherboard USB for first configuration to eliminate issues with front panel USB connections. 
If you have an intel CPU and your motherboard has a video output, remove your GPU and connect your motherboard video output to your display. 
Verify all power cables to your motherboard are fully seated. 24pin, but also CPU 4+4 / 6+2 power cable. 

Listing your parts will help us -on the forum- troubleshoot by looking up your manuals, or at least tell you about compatibility problems. 

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

So parts:

motherbord: asrock A520M-HDV, brand new

Cpu: Ryzen 5 2600, bought used

Cooler: Wraith Spire, bought used

Ram: 1x8gb G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3200MHz, from my second pc

Drive: Samsung 980 M.2 SSD 1tb, from my second pc

Psu: Fractal design 650W Ion Gold Modular ATX-psu, brand new

Gpu: Asus dual series gtx 1060 3gb, bought used

Pc case with pre installed fans: Aerocool Trinity Mini v3, brand new

I think that’s all. I also meant to add to the message before that turning on the computer also lights up the rgb ram with the other things.

17 minutes ago, Rasse888 said:

So parts:

motherbord: asrock A520M-HDV, brand new

Cpu: Ryzen 5 2600, bought used

Cooler: Wraith Spire, bought used

Ram: 1x8gb G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3200MHz, from my second pc

Drive: Samsung 980 M.2 SSD 1tb, from my second pc

Psu: Fractal design 650W Ion Gold Modular ATX-psu, brand new

Gpu: Asus dual series gtx 1060 3gb, bought used

Pc case with pre installed fans: Aerocool Trinity Mini v3, brand new

I think that’s all. I also meant to add to the message before that turning on the computer also lights up the rgb ram with the other things.

From the psu I connected two wires to motherboard, cpu’s 4pin and the main 24pin. To the gpu goes one 6pin. I couldn’t connect the 3 fans to the motherboard, since I only had 2 ports and no splitters in my disposal. I also didn’t have extra fan controller lying around. They all three were although linked and in the end was a sata power male plug. I linked that directly to the psu (I’m not sure if you are supposed to to that, but it worked). So in the psu are 2 plugs coming from the 24pin, 1 coming from cpu’s 4pin, 1 from gpu’s 6pin and 1 from the fan’s sata power link.

Update: 

Just tested the gpu on my other computer. It runs just great, gives signal and is detected.

It’s solved. Motherboard was too new for the cpu. Only supported from gen 3 up.