What's a good, upgradeable prebuilt under 800USD?

Now, I'm a picky fudge and I've been looking for a PC that has a 6 core (hopefully, but I guess not required...), 12 thread CPU (or better, though, maybe a good 4 core, 8 thread CPU can also get me by), with a GPU that'll get me by for the time being like a 1060ti or something along those borders (minimum's at least a 4GB GPU with some nice speeds now that games are taking more advantage of more than 3 gigs), and dual channel 16 gigs of RAM (and then of course, has moderate cooling to not absolutely make my home an oven. Basically something better than the PS4 (A.K.A, American Airlines) with now me forced to use a Mouse and Keyboard and not have many frame drops on something like Apex Legends (at least under 60). I've just been looking for something "competitively viable" for E-Sports games and maybe some heavy gaming at mid-low settings, 60 frames at 1080P, but is cost-effective. Anyone know any builds that fit my specific and stupid needs?

I'd build it yourself at that price point, if you have the time. Here's a PC under $700 that will play 1080 ultra no problem.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7wvWC6

As far as pre-builts, I don't really know, but it's hard to beat the value of building yourself. With this build, buy more storage if you feel like spending a bit more (or maybe a 6700 xt for 1440p high/ultra). Pop in a cheap windows liscense and shabam - gaming pc!

With a budget of sub $1000 you're better off building one yourself. If you can't build it yourself maybe see how much a local shop will charge you to just put it together for you if you bring in the parts. If you don't want to do any of that you may be able to find a used gaming PC in your local classifieds like Facebook Marketplace or if you have Craigslist or Letgo. But as for prebuilt gaming PCs in my experience the best value to quality is in the $1500 range or if you were going for a beefy boi that's $3000+. Also if I were to get one I'd only go NZXT BLD or Xidax if you're in the US as they are the only ones I have personal experience with that isn't negative. I've worked on builds from pretty much every major prebuild shop and most of them are overpriced garbage. 

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

If you're against building your own (which at your price point would be best) you could always buy a refurb unit like LTT have done and slap in a video card.

12 hours ago, JimTheBeet said:

I'd build it yourself at that price point, if you have the time. Here's a PC under $700 that will play 1080 ultra no problem.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7wvWC6

As far as pre-builts, I don't really know, but it's hard to beat the value of building yourself. With this build, buy more storage if you feel like spending a bit more (or maybe a 6700 xt for 1440p high/ultra). Pop in a cheap windows liscense and shabam - gaming pc!

I'd be more than happy to build it myself, though I completely forgot to mention that I wanted wifi with my PC as well, not just ethernet... my bad

11 hours ago, Zomeguy said:

If you're against building your own (which at your price point would be best) you could always buy a refurb unit like LTT have done and slap in a video card.

Show me the  wayyyyyyy XD. I'll also look around to see if I can find any myself. 

8 hours ago, Nick Nack said:

I'd be more than happy to build it myself, though I completely forgot to mention that I wanted wifi with my PC as well, not just ethernet... my bad

Pop in a pcie wifi card (or even USB), it'll run you an extra $25 maybe.

5 hours ago, JimTheBeet said:

Pop in a pcie wifi card (or even USB), it'll run you an extra $25 maybe.

There's also USB ones though they're not as good typically.