Deepcool AK620 vs Neptwin V5?

Flameboy0501

I'm currently in the process of deciding which cooler to buy but I can't seem to find much info in terms of performance on the Neptwin V5, Does anyone know as to which would be better? Neptwin V5 seems pretty promising but I also know the AK620 is incredibly good for the price.

I’ve only ever heard it being called an AG620 instead of Neptwin V5, but either way, it’s just an AK620 but with less bling, and slightly louder fans AFAIK. The AG series is a downgraded AK, same with the LE and LS. Another option you should consider is the Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE. I used one, works great, and costs about the same as the AG620.

Please mark as solved if I answered your question.

2 minutes ago, Chikensoops said:

I’ve only ever heard it being called an AG620 instead of Neptwin V5, but either way, it’s just an AK620 but with less bling, and slightly louder fans AFAIK. The AG series is a downgraded AK, same with the LE and LS. Another option you should consider is the Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE. I used one, works great, and costs about the same as the AG620.

Yea I saw a few Neptwins and AG620's and I had a feeling they were both the same.

1 minute ago, Flameboy0501 said:

Yea I saw a few Neptwins and AG620's and I had a feeling they were both the same.

I think Neptwin V5 is just a regional name in China or Taiwan, since I can’t find any info on it except on the aliexpress link you sent, and even there the photos were plastered with Chinese words. You should be fine with the AG/AK/PA, just get which one’s cheaper, or the one you like the look of.

52 minutes ago, Chikensoops said:

I think Neptwin V5 is just a regional name in China or Taiwan, since I can’t find any info on it except on the aliexpress link you sent, and even there the photos were plastered with Chinese words. You should be fine with the AG/AK/PA, just get which one’s cheaper, or the one you like the look of.

How big is the performance difference between the AG620 and the AK620 do you know?

1 hour ago, Flameboy0501 said:

How big is the performance difference between the AG620 and the AK620 do you know?

1-2c. Not much of a difference really, both are very good coolers, and should be able to handle a 12700 very nicely(been reading your other posts, seems you're trying to cool the 12700).

56 minutes ago, Chikensoops said:

1-2c. Not much of a difference really, both are very good coolers, and should be able to handle a 12700 very nicely(been reading your other posts, seems you're trying to cool the 12700).

Yea sounds good, I hit my 12700 with the Noctua u12s redux but my MB gives it unlocked power draw so it isn't really cooling well. What do you reckon though because I'm leaning towards the AK/AG620 but I can also get the Corsair H115i Platinum for about $11.70 more.

3 hours ago, Flameboy0501 said:

Yea sounds good, I hit my 12700 with the Noctua u12s redux but my MB gives it unlocked power draw so it isn't really cooling well. What do you reckon though because I'm leaning towards the AK/AG620 but I can also get the Corsair H115i Platinum for about $11.70 more.

If the difference is that low, then get the Corsair. Either it’s incredibly cheap, or the Deepcools are expensive. Here in Indonesia, the H115i is like thrice the price of the AG620.

5 hours ago, Flameboy0501 said:

I hit my 12700 with the Noctua u12s redux but my MB gives it unlocked power draw so it isn't really cooling well.

Have you tried loweing the power limit? No power limit doesn't perform that much better than reasonably raised power limits while running much hotter.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

3 hours ago, Chikensoops said:

If the difference is that low, then get the Corsair. Either it’s incredibly cheap, or the Deepcools are expensive. Here in Indonesia, the H115i is like thrice the price of the AG620.

It’s not incredibly cheap, it just happens to be on sale rn for $169. 

1 hour ago, WoodenMarker said:

Have you tried loweing the power limit? No power limit doesn't perform that much better than reasonably raised power limits while running much hotter.

Yea but I wanna see if I can get it to perform better while at those limits. Currently the only issue is that it doesn’t cool as well so.

35 minutes ago, Flameboy0501 said:

Yea but I wanna see if I can get it to perform better while at those limits. Currently the only issue is that it doesn’t cool as well so.

Raising power limits can improve performance.

What are load temps and what's the system being used for?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

4 hours ago, Flameboy0501 said:

It’s not incredibly cheap, it just happens to be on sale rn for $169. 

There is no way an AG620 is over $100. It's $50 max. Try finding other options, these are ludicrous prices.

5 hours ago, Chikensoops said:

There is no way an AG620 is over $100. It's $50 max. Try finding other options, these are ludicrous prices.

Noctua D15 is $188

41 minutes ago, Flameboy0501 said:

Noctua D15 is $188

I guess that’s normal enough. What country are you in? What online shop do you use? 

44 minutes ago, Chikensoops said:

I guess that’s normal enough. What country are you in? What online shop do you use? 

NZ, and many 

6 minutes ago, Flameboy0501 said:

NZ, and many 

Whats the one you mainly use? I could help finding the cooler there

12 minutes ago, Chikensoops said:

Whats the one you mainly use? I could help finding the cooler there

So the main sites in NZ is Computer Lounge, PB Tech, 1st Wave, Playtech, Extreme PC and for some things AliExpress

17 minutes ago, Flameboy0501 said:

So the main sites in NZ is Computer Lounge, PB Tech, 1st Wave, Playtech, Extreme PC and for some things AliExpress

Alright I checked around, apparently cooler prices are really inflated in NZ. 

https://extremepc.co.nz/thermalright-peerless-assassin-120-se-argb-cpu-cooler/

This is your best choice for now.

21 minutes ago, Flameboy0501 said:

Check everything else, it’s not just cooler prices

Sheesh those are expensive. I guess yea you should either wait until prices drop, or just buy the PA120

1 hour ago, Chikensoops said:

Sheesh those are expensive. I guess yea you should either wait until prices drop, or just buy the PA120

What’s the difference between the SE and non SE variant?

3 minutes ago, Flameboy0501 said:

What’s the difference between the SE and non SE variant?

The non SE has a top cover, SE doesn’t. Purely cosmetic from what I could tell, doesn’t affect performance.

9 minutes ago, Chikensoops said:

The non SE has a top cover, SE doesn’t. Purely cosmetic from what I could tell, doesn’t affect performance.

Hmm I see I think a decision had been reached.