ASUS B550-F Gaming WI-FI II only POSTs with 1 stick of RAM

MattyH03

System Details

Motherboard - ASUS B550-F Gaming WI-FI II

CPU - AMD Ryzen 7 5800x

Memory - 2 x 16GB Corsair RGB Vengeance PRO (CMW32GX4M2Z3600C18)

After recently building my new PC everything looked great apart from the fact that the RAM would not post as intended with both RAM in the dual channel slots. After removing one stick the RAM POSTs fine. After doing some testing myself i had looked online at some solutions which included loosening the Cooler (Dark Rock 4) and XMP/ D.O.C.P for my CPU.. after testing though still nothing. I have tested all of my slots on my motherboard which all work and i have also tested both of my RAM singularly and all is fine. I have also tried both RAM in single channel mode and they still wont post determining that it doesn't appear to be a problem with my CPU.

Anybody get any ideas I haven't tried. Would preferrably not want to return anything and I have checked the QVL for the RAM and the motherboard appears compatible.. looking for any possible answers at this point.

Thanks 🙂

Go into Bios with 1 stick of Ram set your XMP speed to the highest the Motherboard and DDR supports.

Set all RAM timings to AUTO and save & shut down. Unplug power, set 2nd stick into the corresponding DDR slot. Power back on.