[MONITOR PROBLEM] ACER NITRO VG270S 165Hz ARCTIFACT ON ULTRA-LOW-LATENCY

franc1s

Hey guys! How is it going?

My Acer Nitro always had some weird moments when I boot my PC. Sometimes displaying a blurry image or some arctifacts. But always quickly fixed by turning it off and on again.

Yesterday I had a realy weird horizontal line at the top of the display, and the windows image was quite frozen.

I switched displayport cables, power outlet, updated drivers, turned it off and on, did everything to troubleshoot... And for my surprise the problem is using combined the 165hz rate with the ultra-low-latency mode.

The weird fact to me is that I've always used the monitor on those settings. Why suddenly this became a problem?

Anyone here had the same problem in the past? Any hint or tips on how to fix it?

Thx =D

WhatsApp Image 2022-12-06 at 20.28.31.jpeg

If the ultra low latency mode or 165hz are overclocks to the monitor, even if they are overclocked built in settings they can damage the panel over time or cause issues with it while running them. Is it a native 165hz monitor or is it a 144hz with a 165hz overclock profile on it?

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

7 hours ago, SpookyCitrus said:

If the ultra low latency mode or 165hz are overclocks to the monitor, even if they are overclocked built in settings they can damage the panel over time or cause issues with it while running them. Is it a native 165hz monitor or is it a 144hz with a 165hz overclock profile on it?

Hey Spooky! I think that's exatcly the problem I'm experiencing... Maybe the panel itself is fried.

This monitor is actually native 60hz 🥵 and I only have found this information today on the back (because this monitor don't have a external power supply). 

So sad that they sell those things claiming it's 165hz, it comes already with this overclocked profile setted. 

But in the manual they don't say anything about burning the hell out of the monitor. I'll try to send it to Acer next month... Hopefully it's fixable. 

Long story short: don't try to save money on high frequency monitors.