M.2 heat sync broken on mag z690 Tomahawk motherboard

The heat sync shield that covers the m.2 drive is like broken off the motherboard, I didn’t realize until I went to install the ssd but is there anything I can do? This will be my first pc build and I’m not sure how to go about this. Any help would be appreciated thanks 

image.jpg

14 minutes ago, Wickedd said:

The heat sync shield that covers the m.2 drive is like broken off the motherboard, I didn’t realize until I went to install the ssd but is there anything I can do? This will be my first pc build and I’m not sure how to go about this. Any help would be appreciated thanks 

image.jpg

I don't see what's supposed to be damaged, the locking screw is loose but it can be tightened down.

4 minutes ago, Applefreak said:

I don't see what's supposed to be damaged, the locking screw is loose but it can be tightened down.

It’s completely out of the motherboard. There is nothing to screw it down into or anything.

2 minutes ago, Wickedd said:

It’s completely out of the motherboard. There is nothing to screw it down into or anything.

Can you take another photo please, I's really hard to tell what you mean. The M.2 heatsink has a foil underneath the thermal pad you need to peel and then it sticks on the M.2 SSD. Then you screw them both in. Usually they hover above the board by design. The M.2 connector pins must be flat in the connector and the heatsink level to know if it is ok. 

Just now, Applefreak said:

Can you take another photo please, I's really hard to tell what you mean. The M.2 heatsink has a foil underneath the thermal pad you need to peel and then it sticks on the M.2 SSD. Then you screw them both in. Usually they hover above the board by design. The M.2 connector pins must be flat in the connector and the heatsink level to know if it is ok. 

Hopefully this helps 

image.jpg

2 minutes ago, Applefreak said:

Here’s a picture of it 

9758E148-4CAB-4456-BDC3-4BD5CEB4D7E4.jpeg

Just now, Wickedd said:

Here’s a picture of it 

9758E148-4CAB-4456-BDC3-4BD5CEB4D7E4.jpeg

Ok, but nothing is broken yet. The standoff mount has 2 pars. The ripped one is the top and can be separated. You want to first unscrew to heatsink again, then use some plyers and try to loosen them from each other. 

If you cannot get the bottom part to fit into the board anymore, you can get replacement standoffs on the internet. 

However an easy if is to just use some tape to hold the M.2 SSD down in place. Not pretty but works quite well.

15 minutes ago, Applefreak said:

Ok, but nothing is broken yet. The standoff mount has 2 pars. The ripped one is the top and can be separated. You want to first unscrew to heatsink again, then use some plyers and try to loosen them from each other. 

If you cannot get the bottom part to fit into the board anymore, you can get replacement standoffs on the internet. 

However an easy if is to just use some tape to hold the M.2 SSD down in place. Not pretty but works quite well.

Yeah the bottom part won’t fit it’s just super loose, could I possibly just use a different ssd slot? 

Just now, Wickedd said:

Yeah the bottom part won’t fit it’s just super loose, could I possibly just use a different ssd slot? 

If you have one, for sure.

2 minutes ago, Applefreak said:

If you have one, for sure.

Yeah it has like 4. ill order another stand off screw but for the meantime I’ll probably just do that 

Fuck it off and get a ssd heat sync off Amazon for like £5 

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper