Nvidia Drivers above 472.12. using 3090Ti wont allow for PC resolution scale 3840x2160, 120hz, RGB, 12bit

Morfeus959

Hello Everyone; wanted to share this issue I am having with hopes of resolution...

Currently I have a 3090Ti (MSI RTX 3090Ti Ventus 3x 24G OC..)  In conjunction with this graphics card - I have "Three" LG C1 48 inch TVs attached..  These are being used as monitors..  Using the NV driver 472.12. I am able to leverage all PC resolution feature sets provided - given the “best” video picture possible.

Which means - all displays are using:

1. PC resolution - 3840x2160

2. Refresh rate - 120Hz

3. Desktop Color Depth - 32bit

4. Output Color Format - RGB

5. Output Color Depth - 12bpc

6. Output Dynamic Range - Full

Once I upgrade any driver set above 472.12 -  I will loose some of the the graphic feature-sets above...

1. PC resolution - defaults to 2560x1400

2. Refresh rate - 60Hz

3. Output Color Depth - 8bpc

4. Output Dynamic Range - Limited

Now If I go into the customized settings I can manually add the PC resolution, but the issues below are not achievable:

1. Output Color Depth - 8bpc

2. Output Dynamic Range - Limited

So at the moment - I can’t leverage the latest drivers without sacrificing quality; especially with new release titles in place which mandates better graphic performance. 

Not sure if anyone of you experience this same issue..  From what I can say - it seems that Nvidia purposely locked out graphic feature sets with TVs posing as "PC" monitors when using latest drivers..  And for awareness to address any doubts in my setup...  All HDMI ports on LG C1s support full PC resolutions with all bells an whistles.  My HDMI cables are "RUIPRO 8K Fiber Optic HDMI Cable" my DP to HDMI converters are "Club 3D DisplayPort1.4 to HDMI 4K 120Hz HDR Active Adapters"...

I have attached a screen shot document for visual representation of what happens when using 472.12 while upgrading to a higher revision...   Any help would be greatly appreciated.. 

Driver Video issues.docx