GPU prices keep going up

Iowaguy

I had hoped to find a killer deal on black friday. I saw a few but held out and found nothing better only to have the cards sell out. I have about 600 bucks left in my budget to buy a GPU. I have bought everything else for my build. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/D8DVXy I do mostly photography stuff with maybe 10 percent video stuff. No gaming. I use Adobe photoshop, bridge, DXO PurRaw for editing photos and DaVinci Resolve Studio 18 for video stuff. I really wanted to get a 3080ti or 6900xt but they are out of my budget it looks like. What are my best options? Unfortunately, it is looking like a 6700xt or 3060ti might be as good as I can get to stay in my budget. Should I wait for the new AMD gpu to come out and hope the prices drop on the other cards?

4 minutes ago, Iowaguy said:

I had hoped to find a killer deal on black friday. I saw a few but held out and found nothing better only to have the cards sell out. I have about 600 bucks left in my budget to buy a GPU. I have bought everything else for my build. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/D8DVXy I do mostly photography stuff with maybe 10 percent video stuff. No gaming. I use Adobe photoshop, bridge, DXO PurRaw for editing photos and DaVinci Resolve Studio 18 for video stuff. I really wanted to get a 3080ti or 6900xt but they are out of my budget it looks like. What are my best options? Unfortunately, it is looking like a 6700xt or 3060ti might be as good as I can get to stay in my budget. Should I wait for the new AMD gpu to come out and hope the prices drop on the other cards?

I'd wait for the new cards to see how prices are influenced by them. Also Christmas sales are coming up as well. 

You might want to look into slightly used cards on ebay in the price range if you're not too risk-averse. Especially on auction.

AFAIK rumors seem to be pointing towards the 7000 series not being cheap either, so don't count on those for any major deal in a few months time. aMD has a habit of having poor availability on their high-end cards for the first few months post-launch. I'd suggest buying something now if you're unwilling to wait 6 months for a shot at something better/cheaper.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

I found a 3070ti for $650 and was going to pull the trigger on it about an hour later and it was sold out.

I don't believe that anyone would consider $650 for RTX 3070Ti a killer deal. The MSRP at for that thing is $599. But honestly - unless it's a matter of life and death, don't buy a GPU now. The prices of the used GPUs with some residual warranty are going down daily. Both miners and lucky early adopters are looking for a way to sell them as expensive as possible before their value goes even lower when they finally become "the previous" generation. New ones as well just now started to go down. Even here in Europe prices FINALLY started to make sense if you can search across the entire EU. RX 6900 XT can be found for as low as €799, the RX 6950 XT for €850, but you have to be fast since those go in and out of stock quite quickly... and you'd probably have to wait a while until it arrives.

| Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 Rev 7| AsRock X570 Steel Legend |

| 4x16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 4000MHz CL16 | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | Seasonic Focus GX-1000|

| 512GB A-Data XPG Spectrix S40G RGB | 2TB A-Data SX8200 Pro| Phanteks Eclipse G500A |

Ok, I found a 6800xt for $549. That doesn't seem like to bad of a deal. I think the 6800xt will be plenty enough for my needs. I am a little gun shy about waiting as that is what I did and things went up.