What are safe temps for 13900k?

I just noticed that I seem to get considerably higher CPU temperature jumps than other 13900k users. For instance, in Cyberpunk (the most CPU intensive game I've played so far) it ranges from about 67c low to 74c average to 85c high. I have a 360mm H150i Elite in push/pull config so the only cause I can think of is maybe the Arctic thermal paste wasn't properly applied?

Anyways, I know this CPU runs hot, but I'm just wondering if this is safe for the CPU to be momentarily jumping to 85c or if it's potentially problematic.

4 hours ago, Ebony Falcon said:

Do a undervolt bro 

I'm not sure how to do that and I'd hate to mess things up. I also wouldn't want to do it if I lose much performance.

The issue is really only apparent in Cyberpunk. In all the many other games I play the highest temp I've seen is about 65c. Even in Cyberpunk it's not like it stays at 85c for any more than a second. That said, if I start seeing it become a larger issue I will consider looking into undervolting the CPU. Thanks for the suggestion.

1 hour ago, HungryHamster said:

I'm not sure how to do that and I'd hate to mess things up. I also wouldn't want to do it if I lose much performance.

The issue is really only apparent in Cyberpunk. In all the many other games I play the highest temp I've seen is about 65c. Even in Cyberpunk it's not like it stays at 85c for any more than a second. That said, if I start seeing it become a larger issue I will consider looking into undervolting the CPU. Thanks for the suggestion.

U won’t loose any performance 

there are plenty of guide on how to do it, 

what mobo do u have ? 

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper 

4 hours ago, HungryHamster said:

It's an ASUS Z790 Hero mobo.

I assume u hit 100c in r23 ? 

basicaly go bios and find vcore set to offset mode set to negative then drop by 0.01v go windows run r23 if u pass go back bios and drop it by same amount again untill u get a blue screen in r23 then put it back up like 0.3 for stability but my geuss is you can get something like 1.2v underload stable and u will currently be at like 1.35

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper