Long Live the K|NGP|N

Radso

I have always wanted to build a Kingpin rig and when an absolute steal of a deal came up on eBay, I had to pounce.

Everything went pretty smooth with this build, I would only suggest you contact Deepcool (CPU cooler) for the free LGA1700 Mounting bracket as soon as you buy the Castle 360 or it will delay your whole build by 2+ weeks. Mobo also needed a BIOS flash to support the brand new 13 gen CPUs. 

The tinted Lian Li Evo cases are IMO darker than you would expect. It looks great in person if not going for straight unicorn barf effect, but definitely not as flashy as some like to use this case for.

The Phanteks vertical GPU mount, although it works in a Lian li evo with bottom fans, is a very tight fit because of the long PCIE riser cable. 

Let me know if you guys have any any questions. 

Cheers,

IMG_20221208_205319.jpg

IMG_20221204_173344.jpg

IMG_20221209_190816.jpg

IMG_20221208_205439.jpg

IMG_20221211_201649.jpg

Nice build. 

Now you just need to get a Z690/Z790 Dark K|NGP|N to pair with it to make it truly the K|NGP|N system. 

20 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Nice build. 

Now you just need to get a Z690/Z790 Dark K|NGP|N to pair with it to make it truly the K|NGP|N system. 

Thanks alot, I was actually following parts for 9+ months to snag the best deal on each. Would love to have the $$$ to do a true Kingpin masterpiece like u said! 

8 minutes ago, Radso said:

Thanks alot, I was actually following parts for 9+ months to snag the best deal on each. Would love to have the $$$ to do a true Kingpin masterpiece like u said! 

Same here, I almost bought one a while ago when Amazon had them on sale for $450 a piece. It's still a lot of money for a motherboard, more that I realistically wanted to spend on a Z690 board, but it's at least a bit more palatable than the $800 that they go for currently, and it is arguably the best Z690/Z790 board currently made. 

K|NGP|N cards truly are something, though. The 980 Ti KPE I've got is an amazing card, it clocks great and is IMO one of the best looking GPUs ever made. You'll enjoy that system. 

The feeling of getting something you have wanted is such a great one. I know it well with building PC's.

I like the clean look of your computer.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

4 hours ago, killswitch6000 said:

how did u get the total power consumption up there ??

The little oled screen on the 3090 Kingpin can display all sorts of stuff including gifs and telemetry. In the EVGA Precision X1 software you just click the left arrow left of the Fan RPM to get to the OLED Dialog screen. 

Beware though, when it displays static images, it can burn in pretty bad. Best to cycle through a few screens. 

This build came out great with some really high end parts. My only complaint is the wires sag to much which detracts from the aesthetics. With a bit of effort, you could get those tight and horizontal with no sag. Otherwise, looks great.

7 hours ago, PC Master Blaster said:

This build came out great with some really high end parts. My only complaint is the wires sag to much which detracts from the aesthetics. With a bit of effort, you could get those tight and horizontal with no sag. Otherwise, looks great.

Oh my God, I knew something was bothering me but couldn't put my finger on it! See last photo uploaded just for you, my OCD chum.