CPU not working on one motherboard after it fell off my desk

Today was a bad day, I pushed my computer off my desk with the back of my office chair. I was lucky my tempered glass didn’t break but my computer didn’t power on after that.

Thankfully I’m currently working on multiple PCs projects so I have a spare AM4 B550 motherboard so I took my 5700X and placed it in the said spare motherboard and it worked fine. I took the CPU that was in this last motherboard to put it in the motherboard that fell off my desk and it worked as well (the other CPU is a 3100).

At that point I’ve tested every component that was in the PC that fell off my desk and tested them all with other parts and everything worked fine. Weird… so I reassembled all the parts that were in the PC that fell and now the PC is powering on but I’m getting a CPU led error from my MSI B500m Mortar motherboard, so it doesn’t post… 

if anyone has a clue of how this is possible and what can I do to test it out that would help me out a lot 😫

2 minutes ago, babar1997 said:

Today was a bad day, I pushed my computer off my desk with the back of my office chair. I was lucky my tempered glass didn’t break but my computer didn’t power on after that.

Thankfully I’m currently working on multiple PCs projects so I have a spare AM4 B550 motherboard so I took my 5700X and placed it in the said spare motherboard and it worked fine. I took the CPU that was in this last motherboard to put it in the motherboard that fell off my desk and it worked as well (the other CPU is a 3100).

At that point I’ve tested every component that was in the PC that fell off my desk and tested them all with other parts and everything worked fine. Weird… so I reassembled all the parts that were in the PC that fell and now the PC is powering on but I’m getting a CPU led error from my MSI B500m Mortar motherboard, so it doesn’t post… 

if anyone has a clue of how this is possible and what can I do to test it out that would help me out a lot 😫

Have you tested your power supply? It might be good to try a new one just in case, but you likely have done that already

57 minutes ago, shactheorb15 said:

Have you tested your power supply? It might be good to try a new one just in case, but you likely have done that already

Hi, thanks for your reply ! Yes I forgot to mention that I have already tested with another power supply 😅