My new Cyberpower PC is displaying red and green lines.

RenCross

I got a Cyberpower PC as a gift from a friend recently, and it didn't have a monitor so I decided to use an HDMI cable to plug it into my TV for now until I can get one. I wasn't expecting the error, but I really am hoping it's because of me plugging it into a TV instead of everything else I read. It also has RGB fans that aren't lighting up at all, so I'm wondering if something is wrong with the power cables or even the motherboard. What should I do? [Also please ignore the mess below my TV, the picture makes it look worse than it is]

20221204_110953.jpg

Typical cyberpower shipping damage happened.

Its dead send back for refund/repair

i agree with him, you cant do anything about it.  its a shame that it was a gift tho, now you need to send it back:(

4 hours ago, jaslion said:

Typical cyberpower shipping damage happened.

Its dead send back for refund/repair

A tech friend suggested to power cycle it. Do you think this is good advice or should I just try to get it repaired?

It's worth trying another TV/monitor if you can before contacting the supplier etc. I've had this happen on a new build that I tested on a cheaper, lesser known brand TV. Possibly something to do with a failing handshake over HDMI. It worried me at first as it presents like a GPU issue or similar, but the PC in question works fine on all other TV's/Monitors.

23 minutes ago, RenCross said:

A tech friend suggested to power cycle it. Do you think this is good advice or should I just try to get it repaired?

Sure. But also try it on another monitor/tv

If the same send it back or refund it. Cyberpower is VERY known for shipping damage and this happening.

1 hour ago, Volksdevil said:

It's worth trying another TV/monitor if you can before contacting the supplier etc. I've had this happen on a new build that I tested on a cheaper, lesser known brand TV. Possibly something to do with a failing handshake over HDMI. It worried me at first as it presents like a GPU issue or similar, but the PC in question works fine on all other TV's/Monitors.

It's a GE 4K HDMI with a Sony 4K tv, but I'm thinking it's possible that it's the TV

Also HDMI wires must be rated, preferably 3.0 but just cause it works for video, doesn't mean it's good for PC.

It turned out to be the GPU unfortunately. Everything works fine now, but I'm sad I had to get the GPU fixed. Thanks for everyone's help!