16GB Ram kit with 32GB Ram kit any drawbacks??

My PC has a 8GBx2 ram kit (Gskill Ripjaws) a i want to add 2x16gb sticks. should i use all four or just use the 2 16gb sticks 

Depends how much ram you need. I almost never need more than 16

I'm willing to swim against the current.

Using four memory sticks is harder for the CPU's integrated memory controller to run. It may not be able to run at full XMP speed.

If you already have the RAM and it works, nothing to worry about. If it doesn't want to run at full speed, then you need to decide whether capacity is more important for you than speed.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

Going to 4 still would put them in dual rank so even if u have to drop speed slightly this will make up for it 

also u could just push a bit more sa voltage and dram voltage to get the stable 

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper 

i mainly need it for DCS and a few other games which create a page file because ram isn't enough. i haven't bought the new kit as yet so i if all sticks run at 3200 mhz would there be any compatibility issue with two sticks of 8gb and two of 16gb i would like to use the existing 16gb if possible and get a total of 48gb instead of 32gb. @Eigenvektor @leclod @Ebony Falcon

18 minutes ago, nsharma said:

would there be any compatibility issue with two sticks of 8gb and two of 16gb i would like to use the existing 16gb if possible and get a total of 48gb instead of 32gb.

If speed and latency are the same, they should be compatible, but there's no guarantee when mixing and matching. There might still be a difference in ICs that makes them incompatible. As I said, you might need to lower speed to get them working together. Going from 32 to 48 likely isn't going to make any difference for now, so you could always just use the 32 GB.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

3 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

If speed and latency are the same, they should be compatible, but there's no guarantee when mixing and matching. There might still be a difference in ICs that makes them incompatible. As I said, you might need to lower speed to get them working together. Going from 32 to 48 likely isn't going to make any difference for now, so you could always just use the 32 GB.

i guess ill get the new kit and try it out if any issue comes up ill just use the new kit. Thanks for the help