ChatGPT AI Discussions

Arca Ege

Hello. I'm new to the forum and didn't want to bother the people in any of the main topics with this. Here's an email that ChatGPT 4 generated for Linus Tech Tips. In my original test with another YouTube account's name it wanted to collab so I knew I would probably have to tell it not to here as well.

[ME] "Write an email for Linus Tech Tips about anything."

[ChatGPT]

"Subject: Exciting Collaboration Idea: Sustainable and Affordable Tech for All

Dear Linus Tech Tips Team,

I hope this email finds you well. I"

Stop generating

[ME] "I don't want to collaborate with them."

[ChatGPT]

"Subject: Innovative Trends in Sustainable and Affordable Tech

Dear Linus Tech Tips Team,

I hope this email finds you well. I am a long-time follower of your channel and truly appreciate the informative and engaging content you produce. With your passion for technology and your exceptional ability to educate viewers, I wanted to share an idea for a potential video topic that I believe would resonate with your audience.

As technology continues to evolve, there is a growing concern about the impact of electronic waste and the widening digital divide. I think it would be incredibly insightful if you could cover innovative trends in sustainable and affordable technology. This topic not only aligns with your expertise but also has the potential to raise awareness about the importance of responsible tech consumption.

In this video, you could explore:

Recyclable and modular tech: Discuss how modular devices, such as Fairphone and Framework Laptop, are paving the way for more sustainable technology by allowing users to upgrade individual components, thereby reducing electronic waste.

Refurbished devices: Shed light on the benefits and potential pitfalls of purchasing refurbished devices, including their contribution to reducing e-waste and providing more affordable options to consumers.

Solar-powered gadgets: Introduce your viewers to innovative solar-powered tech, such as portable chargers and speakers, which are not only eco-friendly but also practical for everyday use.

Initiatives for bridging the digital divide: Highlight organizations and projects that focus on providing affordable technology and internet access to underserved communities, such as One Laptop per Child and Project Loon.

Tips for responsible tech usage: Offer your audience advice on how to minimize their environmental footprint and contribute to a more sustainable future, including proper e-waste disposal, energy-saving settings, and supporting eco-friendly brands.

I firmly believe that exploring these aspects of sustainable and affordable technology would not only inform your viewers but also inspire them to become more conscious tech consumers. Thank you for considering my suggestion, and I look forward to seeing what you create next!

Warm regards,

[Your Name]"

I don’t even have a suitable reaction to AI nonsense anymore.

It’s just boring.

The more I see this the more I want to just reject all modern computer technology.

• 2 weeks later...

um as far as i know it is not april 27th yet maybe bing chat or what ever it is called can see into the future

I dono how many of y'all do road trips, you can use chat gpt to plan a road trip.

Just say I want to drive from x to x over x days I want to use campground or hotels, traveling with pets, and/or kids, and I want to know what to do in the area I'm spending the night.
Once it spits out a plan you can then say things like only drive x hours a day, or stay in x city for x days.
Then when you've made a plan you can say show me more things to do at each camping location and it'll spot out more stuff to do at each stop and you can expand that further if you want by basically asking the same question but specifying which stop.
Basically it's AAA TripTik on steroids using this format as a baseline.

Also you can add or remove parameters, like if its original response calls for you to drive 8 hours a day and you only wanna do like 4 you just say that and it will spit out new results.

Capture.PNG.7a49fc8d5fd023ded262308734ad36ea.PNG

Now time for some poetry. It's hilarious. GPT-4 by the way. 3.5 wasn't as good.

image.png.9afbe1f86fdfdc08351394fe8423d448.png

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | AsRock B450M-Pro4 | Zotac GTX 3070 Ti

Shure SRH840A | Sennheiser Momentum 2 AEBT | LG C9 55"

The impact of artificial intelligence on the human race is a complex and highly debated topic. While AI has the potential to bring numerous benefits to society, such as improved efficiency, increased accuracy, and enhanced decision-making capabilities, there are also concerns about the negative impacts that AI could have on humanity.

One of the main concerns is that AI could take over jobs that are currently done by humans, leading to mass unemployment and economic instability. Another concern is that AI systems could become so advanced that they could pose a threat to human safety and security, either intentionally or unintentionally. For example, if an AI system were to malfunction or be hacked, it could cause significant damage or harm to individuals or society as a whole.

There are also concerns about the ethical implications of AI, such as the potential for bias or discrimination in decision-making algorithms and the potential for AI to be used for malicious purposes, such as surveillance or autonomous weapons.

However, it's important to note that these negative impacts are not inevitable, and steps can be taken to mitigate the risks associated with AI. This includes developing robust safety protocols, creating ethical guidelines for the development and use of AI, and ensuring that AI systems are designed and deployed in a way that benefits all members of society.

Overall, the impact of AI on the human race is highly dependent on how it is developed and deployed, and there are both potential benefits and risks associated with this rapidly evolving technology.

AI Music and songs are already here, we may have a first hit.

This a ai generated song and probably gonna stir the pot. Lawsuits and all. Interesting times we live in

Correction -  Dont really know how much of the song is ai gen. We can confidently say the the voices are ai gen but not sure about the beats and lyrics 

Edited by LogicalDrm
Correction

4 minutes ago, Pratham244200 said:

This a fully ai generated song and probably gonna stir the pot. Lawsuits and all. Interesting times we live in

What does "fully AI generated" mean?

Someone said "create a song" and this popped out?  Parameters?  Who supposed what as source material?

"Do what makes the experience better" - in regards to PCs and Life itself.

Onyx AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d / MSI 6900xt Gaming X Trio / Gigabyte B650 AORUS Pro AX / G. Skill Flare X5 6000CL36 32GB / Samsung 980 1TB x3 / Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 850 / EK-AIO 360 Basic / Fractal Design North XL (black mesh) / AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz / Mackie CR5BT / Corsair Virtuoso SE / Cherry MX Board 3.0 / Logitech G502

7800X3D - PBO -30 all cores, 4.90GHz all core, 5.05GHz single core, 18286 C23 multi, 1779 C23 single

Emma : i9 9900K @5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200CL16 - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi

Raven: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x3d - ASRock B550M Pro4 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200Mhz - XFX Radeon RX6650XT - Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -  Samsung 27" 1080p

Plex : AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - Gigabyte B550M AORUS Elite AX - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - Crucial P3 Plus 500GB + WD Red NAS 4TBx2 - TP-Link AC1200 PCIe Wifi - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - ASUS Prime AP201 - Spectre 24" 1080p

Steam Deck 512GB OLED

OnePlus: 

OnePlus 11 5G - 16GB RAM, 256GB NAND, Eternal Green

OnePlus Buds Pro 2 - Eternal Green

Other Tech:

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400MHz, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400 MHz, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

- Ubiquiti Amplifi HD mesh wifi

Not really clear by the creator Ghostwriter977 he just say that "i used Ai to make a Drake: song feat. The Weeknd" I am assuming the beat is his, but the lyrical part and voices are ai gen

Also, the reason I say that ai music is here is because this is the 1st example of AI generated music that really worked for me and honestly could have believed that this is leaked song of drake.

2 minutes ago, Pratham244200 said:

Not really clear by the creator Ghostwriter977 he just say that "i used Ai to make a Drake: song feat. The Weeknd" I am assuming the beat is his, but the lyrical part and voices are ai gen

So, nothing much…?

Generated voices have existed in the form of Vocaloid for a while now, and Pop lyrics could be generated by the text generators of days past.

And really if the composition was done by an AI, that's also been done a while back. Now, Production would be a novel thing but if Google's efforts are anything to go by, it isn't going to beat Arranging with Samples or, better yet, live players anytime soon.

"A high ideal missed by a little, is far better than low ideal that is achievable, yet far less effective"

If you think I'm wrong, correct me. If I've offended you in some way tell me what it is and how I can correct it. I want to learn, and along the way one can make mistakes; Being wrong helps you learn what's right.

Just now, Lightwreather JfromN said:

So, nothing much…?

Generated voices have existed in the form of Vocaloid for a while now, and Pop lyrics could be generated by the text generators of days past.

And really if the composition was done by an AI, that's also been done a while back. Now, Production would be a novel thing but if Google's efforts are anything to go by, it isn't going to beat Arranging with Samples or, better yet, live players anytime soon.

yes, true, but this first song I believe that is going viral (espicialy on tiktok). AI music as existed but nothing has really work for general population. I would argue that this song is changing that. Feels like Napster in the new age.

1 minute ago, Hinjima said:

I wouldn't really call this music to begin with.

fair enough, I was just point out that is an ai gen song and it is going viral which is first of its kind(as far as i know).

20 minutes ago, Pratham244200 said:

fair enough, I was just point out that is an ai gen song and it is going viral which is first of its kind(as far as i know).

I'm just being old and grumpy. I grew up with rock and metal! 

While it isn't necessarily "AI," music has been being analyzed mathematically for awhile to generate and gauge song structures and potential popularity. Constructing a sample database, vocals, an AI going to start generating some interesting things eventually.

• 2 weeks later...

One of the prewritten responses immediately after I logged in (to get longer conversations without question limits) read "Tell me a dark joke" so I clicked on it, and it warned me people may find this offensive but gave the joke anyway. Then one of the next prewritten responses was "Tell me another dark joke" so I clicked on that, and it gave me another joke without the warning. For the next two messages, I typed the first word and then tabbed to have my sentence autocompleted by Microsoft. The first line made sense, but the second line starting with "write to me..." makes no sense at all. After the bot was reasonably confused, I jokingly asked how it could not know what I was talking about it, and it got upset with me.

Bing Chat Bot upset.png

On 4/17/2023 at 9:19 PM, Dedayog said:

What does "fully AI generated" mean?

Who supposed what as source material?

To me, fully generated content by AI would be simulated from nothing, and directed into something.

As in creating its own data, improve, refine, and direct it towards what you want. ofc fully generated by AI is hard when it comes to voices or some real life stuff. But you can get some of that data from other AI's, but voices being more on a clone to imitate level. Until you can train it on words alone, getting the tone, adding natural noise (random but true to life details) etc. But some of that would need a digital twin, as we do with medicine and nvidia uses for a lot of important content. As in simulating everything to get the correct details, simulations and important interactions.

One can likely generate fully from AI for voices and finding methods that imitate close to real ones, but for now would like examples and training on other peoples voices. So doubt the video was "fully generated by AI". As in it might be generated from AI, but not 100% taken from just the AI itself.

Edited by Quackers101

• 2 weeks later...

@PiggyInAMinecart123 I have merged your chatgpt thread into the mega thread surrounding AI generated writings. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

• 4 months later...
Me:
explain quantum computing me while imitating linus sebastian
ChatGPT:

"Alright, folks, quantum computing, it's a big one, and we're gonna break it down for you today, just like we do with all things tech! So, here's the deal with quantum computing.

Imagine your regular computer, right? It uses bits, which can be either 0 or 1, like an on-off switch. Simple, binary. But quantum computers? They play by a different set of rules, rules that are straight out of the quantum realm.

Instead of bits, they use qubits. And here's where it gets crazy: qubits can exist in multiple states simultaneously, thanks to a phenomenon called superposition. It's like having a magic coin that's both heads and tails at the same time. Mind-blowing, right?

Now, there's another mind-bender called entanglement. It's like having two magic coins that are somehow connected, so if you flip one and it comes up heads, the other one instantly becomes tails, no matter how far apart they are. It's like instant, spooky communication.

So, what's the deal with all this quantum power? Quantum computers can tackle problems that are practically impossible for classical computers. Tasks like factoring large numbers super quickly, which could revolutionize cryptography, or simulating complex molecules for drug discovery, or optimizing massive data sets in the blink of an eye.

But, and it's a big but, quantum computers are still in their infancy. They're incredibly delicate, need to be kept near absolute zero temperatures, and are far from being your everyday PC. Plus, writing code for them is a whole new ballgame.

*So, while the potential is mind-blowing, quantum computing isn't quite ready to replace your trusty gaming rig just yet. But keep an eye on it, because it's the future of computing, and we'll be here to break it all down for you every step of the way!"