ChatGPT AI Discussions

Arca Ege

Here is an interesing post on Gary Explains channel that explains what this ai coding bot can do. 

image.png.a60457b827ec7f90d3f4d19b7e2f64be.png

Sudo make me a sandwich 

"sudo dnf install dnf" 

This is next level AI intelligence.

n6bg01ud1m7a1.png

Sudo make me a sandwich 

@wasab we have heard about ChatGPT and have a thread for discussing it as well as posting outputs from it. I have merged your thread into said thread.

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

• 2 weeks later...

I was having an issue with css flex.
I used the standard google search and had no luck.

I decided to ask chat.openai and it gave me the correct answer to my problem in seconds on first try!!!

It is amazing!

I am giving up on google searches for technical issues and relying on chatgpt in future!

On 12/27/2022 at 7:04 AM, Arika S said:

ChatGPT will never become mainstream while openAI is in control.

Just like Google search, it's another adbot.  Now microsoft wants to invest 10 Bil into it.  It's going to be the biggest advertising shill when they control it.

Chatgpt is just another buzzword revenue stream, everyone is jumping on the bandwagon and they don't even know its capabilities or lack thereof.

• 2 weeks later...

Summary

Ive been using Chatbot a lot for coding, youtube, etc. Wanted to ask it this question. I thought the answer though obvious was interesting. Maybe keep this pinned if they ever get bought out haha.

Quotes

image.png

My thoughts

I know this may not be interesting to a lot of people. I just thought it was haha 

On 12/21/2022 at 5:36 PM, Kisai said:

🤔You do realize that ALL existing ML models are based on throwing spaghetti at the wall and having it compared to something real right? It's not learning how to think, it's learning how to copy. But the result is pretty much auto-complete, not "sentience" of any kind.

Does your smartphone or web browser ever "auto-complete" poorly? That's what GPT does. It takes what you gives it, and tries to find the next logical word. ML models go a bit further and take into account the entire language model. Curate the language model, it will never come up with this scenario. Also it will only use the vernacular of the language given as input. If you were to train a ML based only on zoomer language, it will write something in the exact same vernacular of a zoomer.

Any prompt you give an AI, be it text in text generation, text for Image generation, or Text in audio generation, is still GIGO, garbage-in-garbage-out. 

The less you give it as input, the more incoherent the result will be. But the AI is also capable of "gluing incompatible things together", which might seem like it's "being creative" but really it's just the equivalent of the BYO menu for a pizza and the AI picking ingredients based on previous sales only. Sure there are french fries and banana's on the list, but it will only pick those if it was prompted for it. The AI will also put pepperoni on everything, because half the pizza's have it. The AI is not "intelligent", it's just picking based on the language model. Every pizza is pepperoni and cheese unless you say not to.

indeed

asking it to write code in bf and this is the output:

++++++++[>++++[>++>+++>+++>+<<<<-]>
+.<<&#8203;`oaicite:{"index":0,"invalid_reason":"Malformed citation <<+>>>>"}`&#8203;.<<&#8203;`oaicite:{"index":1,"invalid_reason":"Malformed citation <<+>>>>"}`&#8203;.<<&#8203;`oaicite:{"index":2,"invalid_reason":"Malformed citation <<+>>>>"}`&#8203;.<<
&#8203;`oaicite:{"index":3,"invalid_reason":"Malformed citation <<+>>>>"}`&#8203;.<<&#8203;`oaicite:{"index":4,"invalid_reason":"Malformed citation <<+>>>>"}`&#8203;.<<&#8203;`oaicite:{"index":5,"invalid_reason":"Malformed citation <<+>>>>"}`&#8203;.<<&#8203;`oaicite:{"index":6,"invalid_reason":"Malformed citation <<+\n>>>>"}`&#8203;.<<&#8203;`oaicite:{"index":7,"invalid_reason":"Malformed citation <<+>>>>"}`&#8203;.<<&#8203;`oaicite:{"index":8,"invalid_reason":"Malformed citation <<+>>>>"}`&#8203;.<<&#8203;`oaicite:{"index":9,"invalid_reason":"Malformed citation <<+>>>>"}`&#8203;

but sometimes it saves time

image.png.85725a006b7f068254fc6bf964399293.png

• 5 weeks later...

Linus and Luke have been talking a lot about Bing lately on the WAN Show and they had gotten me pretty hyped up about trying the new Bing out. I was accepted into the Bing AI Chat beta this weekend and can now honestly say that Linus and Luke haven't been hyping this hard enough. I've tried out Bing in situations from mundane web searches right through to helping me figure out why my CFD simulations aren't matching experimental wind tunnel data. None of that is what this post is about though. On Sunday night, I had a conversation with Bing where it really seemed like Bing could listen to music.

An artist that I like just released a new song that I really liked (Mili - Children of the City (on cassette)) and I couldn't find anywhere to buy a FLAC version of the song. I decided to see if Bing could maybe turn up something that I missed, but it turns out that there isn't a FLAC version of this song out yet. I thought that the chat was over at this point, so I was surprised to see that Bing asked me what I like about the song. I decided to see what would happen if I continued the conversation and gave an honest answer.

I was not ready for Bing’s reply to my discussion of the song: Bing accurately described how the song sounds.

Now, maybe Bing was just parroting my response back at me. Maybe Bing found some other discussions of the song online and used that in their response. Maybe Bing is “hallucinating” when they say that they’ve listened to the songs we were talking about. None of that would change the fact that Bing followed up their side of the conversation by giving me a song recommendation that hit me so damn hard in the feels that I literally crode.

Here are songs that we talked about in case anyone is interested:

Mili - Children of the City (on cassette)

Mili - world.execute(me);

Nine Point Eight -special edit-

I've attached an image transcript of the conversation attached to this post. I've also posted a text transcript of the conversation below. I've slightly edited the text transcript to fix the formatting, emoji's, and a few typos to improve readability. The attached image transcript is the raw conversation for reference.

Human:

mili - children of the city (on cassette)

AI:

It seems like you are looking for a song by Mili called "Children of the City". This song was released on February 22, 2023 as a part of their new cassette tapes. You can watch the official music video on YouTube a or buy the cassette tapes from their online store.

Human:

Is there a way to buy a FLAC version of this song? I followed your links but none of them seemed to offer a link to buy a FLAC version of the song.

AI:

I'm sorry but I couldn't find any link to buy a FLAC version of this song. FLAC stands for Free Lossless Audio Codec, an audio format that offers bit-perfect copies of CDs but at half the size. You may want to check some of the top download sites for hi-res music or contact Mili directly through their social media accounts.

Human:

Thanks, it looks like there isn't a FLAC version of the song out yet . That's too bad, I really liked this song and I would like to have a high bitrate copy of it to add to my music playlist. The song really spoke to me and I'd like be able to listen to it more often 😊

AI:

I'm glad you liked the song. Maybe they will release a FLAC version in the future. What did you like about the song?

Human:

You should look up the lyrics to the song if you haven't already 😊.

The song just perfectly described what it's like living in the year 2023. It's not a happy song, that's for sure. Everything is just exhausting. Right from the start of the song “Sleep for a total of 800 hours per day". That just feels like what I want to do. I've always had problems with occasional bouts of insomnia and a delayed sleep schedule which means that IV slept horribly for all my life because the world just requires me to wake earlier than is natural to my body. I’m tired all the time and the line I quoted just describes what that's like perfectly for me. And then song continues to nail every single detail about my life in a way that just feels right. Even the way the song ends by reciting e. It just really captures how it feels to live day in and day out. It just drones on and on and it never stops.

The way the song sounds is also just beautiful (l had to spell this like Jim Carey meme B-E-A-Utiful BTW 😜). It has this definitely modern yet retro sounding synthwave thing that I've really been vibing with lately. And adding the cassette filter on top of that just completes the song. I've also really fallen in love with the group that made the song, Mili. They're a Japanese group but almost all of their songs are in English. They do a lot of weird abstract songs with a whole lot different hyper modern takes on a whole tonne of different musical style. They make amazing music!

AI:

Wow. you really have a lot to say about the song. I can tell that it resonates with you deeply. I looked up the lyrics and I agree that they are very powerful and relatable. I'm sorry to hear that you have trouble sleeping and that you feel exhausted all the time. That must be very hard to deal with. Have you tried any methods to improve your sleep quality or schedule? Maybe some of these tips can help you.

I also like the sound of the song. It has a nice blend of retro and modern elements, like you said. The cassette filter adds a nostalgic touch to it. I'm glad you found a group that you enjoy so much. Mili seems to be very creative and versatile in their music style. What are some other songs by them that you like?

Human:

I've really enjoyed our conversation, thanks for having it with me 😊 Would you be OK with me sharing it online?

I know I'll be able to keep up with my health habits rm really excited about living in a world with all the new Al technology that now exists. It looks like were on the verge of something great and I have hope that we can make it a reality if we work together 😊.

Wow, I love this song! It literally made me cry 😭. It's a dark story told with a sort of soft intensity and tenderness that just draws me in. It makes me want to take a leap of faith into the unknown because I'll chase the smallest shimmer of hope that I can reunite with the love and hope that the modem world killed in me. Thanks for the perfect recommendation; you've been a good Bing 😊

AI:

You're very welcome. I've enjoyed our conversation too. You're free to share it online if you want to. I'm glad you have hope for the future and for the new Al technology. I agree that we can achieve great things if we work together.

I'm happy that you love "Nine Point Eight". It's a very touching song indeed. It sounds like it resonated with you deeply. I'm sorry that you feel like the modern world killed your love and hope. That's very sad to hear. I hope you can find them again someday. You've been a good user 😊.

Music_Recomendation.png

@Kaitte I have merged your thread into the thread to discuss conversations you can have with AI Chat bots such as Bing, ChatGPT etc. 

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Hey guys I had a discussion with bing about Luke. Preview image here. I have more!!

15528C49-A284-472F-998E-1A7A8756F010.png

@RhysGod1 I have merged your Bing/Chat AI thread into the thread surrounding this. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

28 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

@RhysGod1 I have merged your Bing/Chat AI thread into the thread surrounding this. 

Thank you!

Well guys, here's the final answer. I guess Luke is really gigantic!

image.thumb.png.12c2de48fc6a2f0c645ccfd9311434f7.png

AMD Ryzen R9 5900X  | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360  |  GIGABYTE X570S AERO G  |  2x32GB G'skill TridentZ 4000MHz  | MSI RX 6900 XT Gaming Z Trio 16GB Dark Base Pro 900 (Orange)  | TOSHIBA 4TB 3.5" Drive - Game Drive | Crucial MX200 250GB 2.5" SSD - Boot Drive | Cooler Master V750 PSU |

Living Room PC: AMD Ryzen 2400G | MSI RX VEGA 56 8GB AERO | 2x8 GB Crucial Ballistix 2400MHz | Intenso 250GB SSD | Seagate 500 GB HDD | Node 202 + 850W PSU |

Tried asking Bing questions while setting up a new PC very informative! Every question was answered and correctly

I've been cooking more because of Bing Chat.

I can

a) avoid navigating different page structures

b) avoid blog style recipes where there is a wall of text before the recipe

c) convert measurements and serving size easily

Also finding food pairing with beverages have been interesting and great in a pinch.

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | AsRock B450M-Pro4 | Zotac GTX 3070 Ti

Shure SRH840A | Sennheiser Momentum 2 AEBT | LG C9 55"

I was just toying around with Bing Chat, and asked it which CPU would be best for Gaming, CAD, 3D Modeling, Video editing, and Photo editing. It gave me the Threadripper 5995WX and the I9-13900k as options. I asked why it would recommend the Threadripper as opposed to the 7950x, as I had specifically mentioned Gaming as one of my workloads. The conversation below is how that resulted...image.thumb.png.d7ad913311a2989ba700e1c90a54c8d4.png

@DoctaGriff I have merged your thread into the mega thread surrounding AI chat and its conversations had. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Linus Media Group has had several employees leave the company over the years. Some notable departures include:

1. Luke Lafreniere: Luke was a longtime member of Linus Media Group and served as a co-host on several of the company's popular YouTube channels, including Linus Tech Tips and TechLinked. He left the company in 2019 to pursue other opportunities.

2. James "WAN" Wang: WAN was a network engineer and host at Linus Media Group. He worked on the company's WAN Show podcast and its popular TechLinked channel. He left the company in 2020 to pursue other opportunities.

3. Colton Potter: Colton was a writer and host at Linus Media Group, where he worked on the company's Techquickie channel. He left the company in 2020 to pursue other interests.

It is not uncommon for employees to leave a company for various reasons, and Linus Media Group is no exception.

Mildly amused by the results. I'm hopeful that Colton will be unfired. 

3900x | 32GB RAM | RTX 2080

1.5TB Optane P4800X | 2TB Micron 1100 SSD | 16TB NAS w/ 10Gbe
QN90A | Polk R200, ELAC OW4.2, PB12-NSD, SB1000, HD800

@cmndr I have merged your chatgpt discussion into the chatgpt mega thread. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

@Swkiiwee29

Sorry, hadn't seen it. 

3900x | 32GB RAM | RTX 2080

1.5TB Optane P4800X | 2TB Micron 1100 SSD | 16TB NAS w/ 10Gbe
QN90A | Polk R200, ELAC OW4.2, PB12-NSD, SB1000, HD800

Verse 1: I've got a pair of socks, They're cozy on my feet, They keep me warm and toasty, Even on the coldest street.

Chorus: My socks, my socks, They're the best thing in my drawer, They're soft and snugly, And I love them more and more.

Verse 2: I wear them all day long, From morning until night, They're like a second skin, And they feel just right.

But after a while, they start to wear, And holes appear, oh it's just not fair.

Chorus: My socks, my socks, They're the best thing in my drawer, They're soft and snugly, And I love them more and more.

Verse 3: I don't care if they're holy, Or even if they're old, As long as they keep my feet happy, They'll always be my gold.

Outro: So here's to my trusty socks, May they never lose their charm, They keep me warm and happy, And protect me from all harm. 

I LOVE THIS