New pc built has black screen and no BIOS access possible

DarkBaron

Hi all,

I just did the following build https://pcpartpicker.com/list/2DJ4v3 I have followed the latest video from Linus on how to build the pc. I connected the CPU, ram, fan and Gpu to the motherboard, and everything is connected to the PSU.

When I start the PSU the motherboard lights turn on, but the fan and Gpu fans don't move.

The desktop is connected to the GPU and the keyboard to the Mobo, but when connecting the hdmi to the GPU, on the desktop it appears the error that no signal is coming from the device. 

I checked online and tried to remove the GPU and connect the hdmi but nothing. I tried using 1 cable only x8 connected to the atx12v1 for the CPU power supply on the Mobo and I tried adding another cable X4 in the atx12v1 (that had only 4 slots).

I also noticed that from time to time, even if the PSU is turned off, there is from time to time a white flash coming out from the middle of the motherboard but I don't understand from where exactly, I think is coming from the RGB lights that are usually on when I turn on the PSU. Do I need a usb to be connect to the pc with a bios or something?Any help?

You need to press the (propperly connected) power button. Not only "start the PSU". (unless you've had it up and running, and changed some bios settings)

When Power is on, GPU will have a light on it showing you it has power or not (white or red).

You can short the power button pins with a small flat screwdriver, but some MBs have a power on button on them.

Hi @Jahee2 , @Cyberat

yesterday I tried just that after notificing that's an actual step, but on the motherboard I can't find the pwrsw button on the bottom right corner. I only found this one called pwr btn and I tried connecting the case connector power sw to pwrbtn on the Mobo, but it didn't work. I had already tried to press that per btn with a screwdriver flat and star but no success.

Posting pics of the Mobo

@CyberAtlas@Cyberat i don't see any light on the gpu and after seeing this video I don't think it has one, unless the light is right behind the dashboard panel on the top right corner at 1:59

IMG_20221204_115338.jpg

IMG_20221204_115334.jpg

IMG_20221204_115312.jpg

That's some missing pins by design... Bad markings on the last 2 plugs.

So not having the manual I would guess the following and mark SPK_PLED1 as Junction 1 and the L6 as Junction 2:

Junction 1: First two are Power LED Pins starting with "+", Next two are HDD LED Pins starting with "+", bottom 3/4 are for internal Speaker (uses 2 actual).

Junction 2: First two are Power Button pins starting with "+", Last two are Reset Button pins starting with "+".

Eliminate confusion left hand side as the MB is viewed is First and thus "+".

However, take this as my best guess given I do not hold the MB manual with schematics. Check against the manual.

You do not have a convenience button on MB, very cheap design. Shorting means for a split second touch a metal piece between the 2 pins.

As for the GPU light you will find it next to the GPU power plugin, once you get it to light up.