Jump to content

Second monitor artifacts and lagging while primary monitor is running fine

poorhobo88
 Share

I recently upgraded my processor, GPU, and RAM, and completely cleared all my drives and reinstalled windows, and ever since my second monitor will randomly (currently trying to find any triggers) start lagging and artifacting really badly to the point of being unusable. While this is happening my main monitor is acting completely normal.

I have tried switching cables and ports on the GPU and neither helped. GPU drivers are up to date. I've recorded my screen and the artifacting wasn't showing up. The only way I've found to fix this once it starts happening is by restarting the computer, logging out of windows then back in, and by unplugging the cable to the monitor and re plugging it back in after a minute or so.

My primary monitor is a 1440p 165hz monitor and my second one I'm having issues with is a 1080p 60hz monitor, both of which have worked fine until this point.

YouTube video of issue

 

Specs:

MB: MSI X470 GAMING PLUS

GPU: RADEON RX 6800 XT

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D

RAM: SILICON POWER GAMING 32 GB (2x16 GB) DDR4-3200

PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA 850 G2

OS: WINDOWS 10 PRO

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

So, are you using display port or HDMI? Also, have you tried different ports on the GPU/Monitor?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Benito593 said:

So, are you using display port or HDMI? Also, have you tried different ports on the GPU/Monitor?

My primary monitor with no issues is using DP, my secondary monitor with the issues is using an DP to HDMI cable, dp end in the gpu, I switched ports on the gpu but still had the same problem. I'll try a normal HDMI cable when I get home but I've use this cable for years with no issues.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, poorhobo88 said:

My primary monitor with no issues is using DP, my secondary monitor with the issues is using an DP to HDMI cable, dp end in the gpu, I switched ports on the gpu but still had the same problem. I'll try a normal HDMI cable when I get home but I've use this cable for years with no issues.

Let's just try the normal HDMI port first and we can go from there! Adapting a port from 1 to another on different GPUs and stuff could be weird. I hope it fixes the issue for you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 11/30/2022 at 4:16 PM, Benito593 said:

Let's just try the normal HDMI port first and we can go from there! Adapting a port from 1 to another on different GPUs and stuff could be weird. I hope it fixes the issue for you.

I tried changing cables and ports and the issue still happens, I've noticed it can happen at any time but launching games(especially wow) seems to make it more likely to occur, but once it happens if I unplug the cable and re plug it in it fixes it and seems to be good for a while again even if I close and open the game more.

 

Also I screen recorded to see if it was artifacting and lagging while recording and it was slightly lagging but the artifacts don't show up while recording my screen 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×